1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

there must me something wrong with me.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruben30, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    for some reason i can't get a boyfriend, i know i'm still young but i really want one and so far im getting nowhere. Im not out and im not one of those girly guys so the only thing i can do is try the internet and most guys there are old freaks and the few guys that are atleast ok they all either aren't interested, live to far away, too girly, just want sex or they are just complete jerks and im not old enough to go to bars, even if i was i probably wouldn't, all the gay stereotypes would be there and im not into that stuff so what am i supposed to do, and for the guys who aren't interested there must be something wrong with me and i don't know what that is, i don't see anything wrong with me, i don't know what im supposed to do.

2. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's nothing wrong with you. You're just like every other teenager who wants to meet someone :slight_smile: To be honest, when it comes to finding a relationship at any age or orientation, there's no easy answer.

I get what you're saying about bars, but there is more to the people there than the stereotype. Sometimes what you assume about someone is wrong. They may surprise you. And sometimes its more about just meeting people and making friends.

Gay people are everywhere, so just do things you enjoy and make friends. Chances are you'll meet someone, and even if they're not gay or into you or your type, it's not about that. Expanding your friendship groups, increases your chances of meeting someone who is your type, and into you. I know plenty of people that even made a friend and a bar who then introduced them to their now significant other.

So do what you enjoy. Try things outside of school. Meet new people. See where life takes you.

I know it seems hopeless and futile sometimes, but there are others just like you, who aren't the stereotype of a gay guy and don't want to date that either, and aren't into the clubbing type things etc. Just gotta find each other. By being present in the world. It's not quick or easy, but then, even if you meet someone that way, it won't necessarily be an easy relationship. Nothing worth having is gained without effort.

It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you if you haven't found someone who's interested. Everyone's looking for something different, you just need to wait for someone looking for the same thing as you. And as you said, you're really young. Give it time. You'll get there :slight_smile:

3. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha I totally feel you, I'm in the same situation. I'm not out either and I think that's a big part of the problem. Another problem for me is, like you said, not wanting to go out and meeting people because I'm not into all of that stuff but you need to go out to meet people. I guess not being the stereotypical gay guy has its disadvantages, other gay guys might have a hard time knowing that you're gay as well. It just takes time, like you said you're young so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most People that rush into a relationship end up getting hurt. So just take youre time, meet people, and when you do find a special someone get to know them before staring a relationship.