1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I cope with this? I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ljjgood25016, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, this might be a lot to read. I want to keep it as short as possible.

Okay so, I have been having this concern for a while. It is starting to bother me slightly. I am feeling kinda stressed about it. I have managed to be in the closet for about three years, since 2013. I am still questioning my sexual orientation. I have felt attracted to males and females. I think I could be bisexual. The reason why I still haven't told anyone is because of possible disappointment.

I am 19. I am a male. I go to a community college. I am in my second year of CC. But I probably won't graduate until 2017 or 2018. I am still financially dependent on my parents. My parents and family are not homophobic, but they would probably still be disappointed if they found out. Plus, I have an older sister who is a lesbian. So, that makes things even more intense. Also, when I transfer to a four-year university (hopefully), I might come out to them through a digital messages although they could still be paying my tuition at the time.

For the past three years, I have managed to cope with being in the closet. I have still managed to be happy and keep a positive attitude. It's getting slightly stressing though. Sometimes, I get down on myself for not being out.

So I'm wondering: how do I cope with being in the closet? What are some things that I could do to help me relax?

Could mindfulness, meditation, and other relaxation techniques help? Can you offer any feedback on this problem? Your story? I really need help.

2. MayaBee

Okay, so I think that meditation etc of course could help, even though I have never tried it.
    But I guess what is really important, is that you accept yourself first, before others.
    I can tell my story about this if you dont mind:
    All my life I have been accepting LGBT+. In the way that I didnt care. Because I thoughtit is none of my business what others people orientation, gender, color etc is. Because it is nothing that defines people. Then my family and I moved and where I live now, I have to explain to people what LGBT even is. At first I didnt care about that, because I just thought they didnt know because they didnt care. And when I started questioning my sexuality, i started to stop not caring and started to sttop accepting, I dont know exactly why. And I guess it just took some time to start accepting again and to realise it doesnt define me in any way. Accepting yourself is a big step, so dobt underestimate that.

Maybe you could tell a close friend first. For me that really helped bwcause I hated being in thw closet.or even just talking about it with strangers on the internet helped me a lot because opening up about youself is just such a good feeling, even if it is to a stranger.

I dobt know if this helps in any way, if not then I am sorry.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What is exactly that makes it uncomfortable? Just the desire to tell your family? Or some more practical matters such as not being able to bring anyone home?