1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my girlfriend wants to "go farther"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GeneralLeia, Apr 3, 2016.

1. GeneralLeia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    DISCLAIMER: I'm only 14 so I definitely don't want to have sex yet. However, I've been with my girlfriend for roughly two months. Last night, we got really into making out and she kept asking me how far I wanted to go. I know she'll respect my boundaries, but I can't help but feel she wants to move at a faster pace than I do. How do I balance pleasing her with my own personal boundaries?

2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are still very young. You need to figure out what you are comfortable with and let her know that way she will know the expectation. Don't rush things.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let her know that you're not ready. Tell her what your boundaries are and then stick with them. If she pushes for more, then she's not being respectful of you. Don't worry about "pleasing her." This isn't about her; it's about you and what you are comfortable with. There's more to relationships than the physical side and if you're not ready, you're not ready. That's just fine.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in this place before- I know it's kind of an awkward conversation to have, but yes, you do have to make your boundaries clear and make sure that whatever you decide, you are comfortable with. In a relationship, you both need to feel comfortable around each other and if you're not ready for having sex, or going farther at all, it's alright- It's not a good idea to do more if you're not feeling it.
    Your girlfriend will likely respect this, but if she doesn't, then just make sure you put you first and do what you feel is best.

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's good that you are keeping boundaries and admitting you're not ready right now! Continue to do that. As you said, you don't want to have sex yet at 14 and that's great of you to make that decision, because it is very young for that type of stuff. You've got a whole lifetime, and it's not like going farther is the only thing that will please her, and you should never do anything just to please your partner if it's something that you're not ready for or don't feel 100% comfortable with. And that's okay! This is a perfect opportunity to build a stronger relationship by communicating about things that are kind of uncomfortable to talk about.