1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I should be happy but my sexuality is making me feel empty and depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Apr 4, 2016.

1. gaynerd64

I should be very happy right now. I'm trying to be healthier, I've got good grades, and, for really the first time in my life, I have access to all of the technology I need for my ideas. But I'm still extremely depressed. My sexuality has done nothing but leave me confused and sad in the past few weeks. My school is very open towards LGBT, and I guess a part of me is upset that so many other people can laugh and discuss their orientations while I'm crammed in the closet.

Now that prom is coming up, I feel even worse since I know I won't be going with anyone. It's a dumb event, but seeing everyone propose to each other just makes me feel sad. Even if someone did ask me out, my conservative grandparents would never let me go, which makes me feel worse.

I wish I could just forget about my homosexuality and move on with my life, but I just can't. I want to discuss it with my father, but everytime I go to talk to him something happens and he gets mad at me. I'm afraid that if I bring it up to him, he'll criticize me for not focusing upon schoolwork and college registration because that is the other thing that has been stressing me out.

I don't know what to do. I really just need support from people and want to be accepted. My whole life should be happy, but this one thing is keeping me down.

2. broken911

i understand how you feel. maybe wait to come out untill you get into college? i know its hard. ive been there. im still there as well