1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get too involved with my crushes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Apr 5, 2016.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi!

I have the feeling i dont get normal crushes like everyone else. I feel like they are wayyy more intense and slightly worrying. I sometimes have fallen head over heals over strangers at uni and work (which obviously have proven to be straight).

This is something that worries me because i have never had the feeling reciprocated: i have never been with a woman, and the guys i have been with has just been one night kissing basically. I feel that i might be wierd or mentally ill for some reason.

Sometimes whilst i talk to my crushes i think "i dont know why i like this person so much its stupid" but then again i cant keep them out of my mind and its very exhausting!

Any suggestions?

2. Seagypsy

I can relate to this. I get intense crushes too and get emotionally involved before anything physically happens, which usually gets in the way of anything good developing. :frowning2:

I think this intensity could be caused by suppression of our true feelings, especially if the person is of the same gender.