1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I truly need to share

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jogos, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone

I hope you’re all doing well. It’s been a while since I have been online as I have decided to focus a lot more on my personal life and trying to stay positive, whilst battling depression and I can say at least at this very moment in time, I am getting better. I have ups and downs but the downs are getting somewhat tolerable and I am determined I will beat this.

I have decided to write this post as a form of not only asking a question but possibly even alerting some people of the news I have heard recently (we are talking in the last 6 months) and after hearing on the news this morning I thought, right now this is the final straw.

I have been hearing on the news lately various murders have been occurring especially between homosexual couples or ex couples, one murders the other because of fights, arguments, jealousy e.t.c god knows what else.

I also heard a few months ago that a gay guy who was looking for love online met up with someone (I presume the person he was chatting with via that singles, dating or looking for love or whatever website) and was stabbed to death. This morning what I heard on the news was yet another homosexual man stabbed his gay lover in the abdominal, killing him… he later confessed to it.

Is it true there is more abuse and situations like these occurring with gay men? If so this frightens me so much, because I have always wished to be with a guy who loves me and cares for me the same way I would for him but not if in the heat of an argument there is a possibility he would hurt or even kill me. Plus to be completely honest with you all I am gay and have NO IDEA how to “find” gay men, bars don’t seem safe to me. Hearing multiple deaths in alleys way regarding gay men is just so so devastating I can’t even… what are your opinions on this

2. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am curious is this true?? as in gay people are more pron for these things to occur?

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if there are any reliable statistics about this. I googled and the consensus seems to be there is not enough knowledge. It is clear that domestic abuse is present in all kinds of relationships so thinking that LGBT community would be free from it is simply false. However, is there greater percentage of LGBT victims compared to straight couples we cannot be sure. I did find studies that suggest this is the case but the problem is that methodology of those studies is often somehow lacking and thus it's not possible to be sure if the results are biased in some way.