1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it wrong to be gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bassboss, Apr 6, 2016.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alot of my freind have been trying to get me to date girls or will ask me why I like guys if girls are so much better look acording to them there are to many people close to me acting this way and then it hit me what if I'm in the wrong am I wrong for being gay

2. killswitch0029

Nope, you're not. Some people are just ignorant

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm I doing something wrong then there's this girl who says she's lesbian and she's treated well

4. Stoccata

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're not doing anything wrong. Some people are just ignorant, and some are just assholes. Some are both. If your friends are giving you shit about being gay, then unfortunately they're probably not really your friends. As for the girl you know who's treated better than you....everyone's experience is different. It's nothing you're doing though.

5. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guees but from my experience with come thing out at school I'm afraid to come out to my family even know they aren't homophobic

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2016 at 01:16 PM ----------

Well my extended family

6. AKTodd

Your friends saying that 'girls are so much prettier' is no different from them saying that chicken nuggets are better than cheeseburgers (or vice versa). It's just a matter of personal taste and there is no 'right' or 'wrong' in the matter.

You can't be in the wrong, nor can you be wrong for being gay. Although some people may try to tell you otherwise because they're ignorant or malicious or are trying to manipulate you into doing what they want because you being different from them upsets their cozy little world of emotional complacency.

Todd

7. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're absolutely not wrong for being gay. It's who you are. You don't have a choice remember.
    Your friends may want you to conform to society's norm in order not to disrupt the harmony within the group. If they don't understand or are not really comfortable with you being gay, then they are probably not real friends.
    Girls maybe better looking to them. To you they're not. Your friends need to realise this.
    Have you tried having it out with them to determine why they think like this?

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing is wrong with it but something is wrong with those 'friends' of yours.

9. AngelDragonfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it's part of you. You are absolutely right. Your friend just doesn't love the same people you do, and that's ok. It's just a different experience. But never, ever feel this way. Smile and be proud, because that's who you are. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2016 at 06:28 PM ----------

Oh dear. Since when is my age 16? I swear, EC, I'm 13. What? Did I put my own birthday in wrong? This is too depressing. I'm going to go take a bath and read a good book and listen to bohemian rhapsody and cry.

10. guitar

There's nothing wrong with being gay - some people are gay, some people are straight. There's nothing wrong with being left handed, or your skin colour, or being tall or short, or a man or a woman. Like Todd said, it's all about preference. If women are so much prettier, why are the majority of women attracted to men - wouldn't they want to be with the "better" sex? It's illogical. Your friends just happen to be into women because they're straight. I can't understand why straight guys wouldn't be into Justin Hartley, but that's just me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So right but wait my freinds don't like Justin Hartley weird