1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like guys, but I am anxious/awkward around girls

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nordland, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have come to the conclusion that I like guys. I do however identify as homoflexible, so around the Kinsey 5 mark. For those who don't know what that means it means I am almost exclusively homosexual, by do have some attraction to the opposite sex. I find girls pretty, but I can't see myself in a relationship with one. The idea makes me feel uncomfortable. Now down to the issue at hand. Although I only would like to date guys I still am socially awkward with most girls. I get flustered about what they might think of me. Which is weird as I don't feel like that around guys. Maybe this is just me over thinking things, and as I am a socially awkward person who seems to have a nack for overcomplicating things this wouldn't surprise me.

Thank you for tolerating me, and I will enjoying reading your pensive comments as you try to ignore how much of a weird person I am.

But hey, you have to be weird to be interesting to know.

I apologise in advance for any grammatical or spelling errors, it is 2:14 am after all.

#1 Nordland, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's totally normal! In fact, I feel like that around guys, even though I would mostly consider myself to be interested in girls.

3. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember being that way too, at some point in your life as you get older, you'll probably begin to switch the other way and you may start to feel more comfortable around the girls.

At least that's the way it is in my case.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on a lot of things. If you're not out, you may feel pressure in your interactions with girls to appear interested in them. Also, if your interests and personality are more stereotypically masculine, you may find you have more in common with other guys than with girls and that could make you hesitant in your interactions with them.