1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jhon1, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jhon1

Jhon1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never knew what gay was growing up and I'm 16 now and I'm happy with being gay but is it normal to e struggling with mysexuality still I know I'm gay I like men and find them attractive and hot but can I still struggle with my sexuality

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What aspect of being gay are you struggling with the most? Try to explain what's holding you back or bothering you, if you can.

Accepting our sexuality, coming out to ourselves and other people is a journey and it takes some people more time than others. It took me quite a few years and I had my own doubts and questions along the way. If you are able to share your thoughts, feelings and concerns with like minded people it can and does make a difference.

3. Jhon1

Jhon1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I'm gay and happy with it but thoughts of women pop in my mind like sexuall I don't even like women never have and it's putting paranioa on me and stressing me out its messing with my sexuall fantasies and the way I see men and I hate these thoughts I like men I just want to go back to how I was when I was younger

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a common misconception amongst gay people that you must be 100% attracted to the same sex and exclude any and all thoughts or feelings towards the opposite sex. It's simply not the case and doesn't work like that at all. If I had a £,$ etc. for every gay person who has worried about residual feelings towards the opposite sex I would be rich. Very few things are 100% in life and there is no reason why our sexuality should be one of them.

I am gay, but it doesn't mean I find women ugly or offensive. In actual fact, I think some women are very pretty (I'm not ashamed to admit it), but, I just don't have that sexual connection to women. All of the 'chemistry' that I have for and with other guys is missing when it comes to the opposite sex. I have some great female friends, but that's all they ever could be.

I can understand that these thoughts are intrusive and may give you a feeling of anxiety and uncertainty, but remember, you are not, and you do not need to be 100% for guys to call yourself gay. In your heart and in your mind you know that you have a much stronger connection to guys and maybe once you act on those feelings and experience greater intimacy with other men the intrusive thoughts will subside.

Try not to panic!

5. Jhon1

Jhon1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my sexuality is it changing

6. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. What he's saying is that sexuality is not always black and white like we want. And that's ok. It normal. Don't worry. You are still gay. :slight_smile:

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like your sexuality is changing. Look at what you have said, so far:

"I know I am gay and I am happy being gay. I like men.. find them hot... don't like women".

The thoughts you are having about women are unwelcome and I'm sure you find them intrusive and annoying, but there may be a simple explanation for them and you should avoid worrying. Trust me, you are not the only gay guy who goes through this.

What do you mean by "I just want to go back to how I was when I was younger"? Can you explain.

8. Jhon1

Jhon1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Always looking at all the men as hot and having alot of sexuall fantasies about them they made me really happy and good about myself