1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fell in love, now... what?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andreana21, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Andreana21

Hi,

This is not really about LGBT but I just needed some advice so I thought I should post this. First, I'd like to say that I'm not the kind of person who falls in love easily, and I'm also really hard to get. I'm almost always attracted to people's personality first and then comes the rest.
    So, let's get straight into the thing. One week ago, we went with some people from my classes to a trip in Holland, for a project (i'm 16 btw). And when we got there, each one of us went to his ''comity'', cause it was a political project. Here, I met a guy. And, I don't know why, but... for the first time ever, I felt different. He was different, special to me. So, look. I don't believe in love at first time, cause, like I said, I think it takes time to truly fall for someone. But I believe there is someone, in the world, with whom you have more chemestry than anybody else. It was all about his aura : he had the look. Smart, mysterious, funny, kind too. But except what I could see through his eyes, I did not know anything about him. We kind of talked, I think he tried to befriend. But I was often sarcastic, or maybe even mean. I was making fun of him with one of my friends. And that's what made me realize that I REALLY liked him. I saw more aspects of his personnality through his words and actions, and now, I was more than nervous. And I told myself ''Oh my god, when you act this way, it means you like him.''.
    I saw him smiling at me, he tried to help me with my project but I was SO NERVOUS that I always pushed him away,
    Anyway. The trip lasted four days and then we traveled back and I felt so weird, and had so many regrets about how I acted towards him. Because I had never felt something like that before. And I know I could contact him, but I'm so scared of rejection, I don't want him to think I'm a creep or something.
    I've always been so shy but I haven't been able to stop thinking about him.
    Please, if you have any advice on what I should do... Don't hesitate. Thanks.

Sorry about the length of the text.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Contact him. You've got nothing to lose. :slight_smile:

Even if, worst case scenario, he doesn't respond, or rejects you, it still doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Rejection doesn't mean there's something wrong with us, or that we've misstepped, it just means the person wasn't interested. As long as we can respect that, no harm, no foul.

You say you saw him smiling at you - start off by apologizing for teasing him (if that's how you feel), and that you enjoyed meeting him (which it sounds like you did). Then see where it goes. :slight_smile:

3. Andreana21

Thanks. I guess I've heard this before... But I just don't know. I might be missing something. I'll see, but thanks anyways. If you've got anything more ''strategic'', don't hesitate cause I really don't want to sound like a creep.

4. Hopeful

Talk to him! I feel like you: I'm bisexual/fluid. Recently at work (I'm an AEMT for a company and I work per diem - just here and there to cover shifts) one of the full-timers approached me and we started talking. It took off from there very quickly and he and I just had an instant connection. I'm 23 and he's 27. We've been dating for almost two months now and though it's short it feels meant to be. It's great.

I'm not saying this is what will happen with you, but what if if it is? Take the chance. :slight_smile:

5. nuggetbiscuit

i feel you. i exactly know what you mean. being mean and sarcastic towards the person you love or like is something that i usually do. you should force yourself to be a little bit more sincere and kind. he might even think you don't like him at this moment. i know it is hard to manage to be yourself around that person but try it since you have such a short time to spend with him. you don't want to lose your chance. just try, that is all i can say to help you right now :slight_smile:

6. Andreana21

Thank you guys. I did it! I sent him a message. I don't know if he's going to answer, all I can do now is wait. I don't know if this is going to work because he lives in another country anyway. And maybe he'll think I'm desperate, even if I don't feel like my message sounded creepy. You guys have been really supportive anyways.
    It's funny because I was still unsure of what I was going to do. But today I was typing random things on my computer and I wrote : ''I'd rather'' or something like that, and the first thing I found was a quote : ''I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven't''.
    It's true, isn't it?