1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a Pride Event

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Klutz, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Klutz

Hey all,
    I just moved and am in the wide eyed stage of country girl moving to a big city. There is a pride event this weekend, and I'm thinking of checking it out. I'm really nervous though for a few reasons and thought you lovely people might have some insight.

First: I don't have anyone to go with. I'll be by myself and that is a really scary thought.

Second: I don't like crowds. Not the big kind where you are tuck in a big press of people.

Third, and this is totally shallow: I have no idea what to wear. It is on a beach and most the pictures are of people in bathing suits. I'm not comfortable like that, so I'm thinking of wearing a sun dress. But, would I stand out too badly?

I don't know if I should go. I'm trying to convince myself that it would be an act of bravery to go, but the comfort of my apartment and binge watching Dr. Who is very appealing. Part of me needs to go make friends, but another part wants to make a blanket fort and stay in. I just don't know what to expect and that is very scary.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This particular pride event may or may not be for you, but the short answer is, you won't know if you don't check it out. I think it would be worthwhile to go!

Many events will have a lot to check out, even if you're on your own. And you don't have to stay for any particular length of time, or do anything specific. It might not be all that different than going to a mall, for example, and shopping around for a while before you figure you've seen everything you're interested in, and then leave. Except that everything will be LGBT-themed and friendly. :slight_smile:

So, wear what you like, go for as long as you please, and when you're done, leave. If you decide you liked it, great! And if not, then you can cross it off the list for the future.