1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I overthinking?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Snakeandcake12, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Snakeandcake12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    okay well, I'm 16, in my last year of school, but this has probably been the most craziest I've had yet. my friend and I have known each other for atleast 3-4 years but have only recently become a lot closer in terms of being around one another. It all started this year. I first noticed that he used to put his arm around me when walking in a group, or he'd try and get my attention a lot because we used to sit next to each other in maths. We have this thing where we make fun of each other but we both know it's just a joke. I started to notice that he always smiles when he speaks to me (since this point) and he tries not to laugh in a sort of shy way. We also hold strong eye contact for a good 4 seconds before I turn away as I can't look at him for that long (get embarrassed). This started giving me doubts about his sexuality because I always thought he was interests in girls. Although I don't hang out with him, we play games and talk over Skype with other guys so it's not like a private thing.

Anyway, fast forward to November time, he starts to make these weird jokes. Instead of saying your mom or stuff like that, he would refer to my dad, and he even said at one point that he'd like to suck my dad? God idk what this guy thinks but I just play along with it. So this got me even more confused because no typical guy really says things like that, especially to their face and over snapchat quite frequently. Also, around this point he starts to call me babe, or babs quite a bit over chat, and tries to get my attention a lot during school by just repeatedly saying my name.

February time, he starts to get a lot more... Confusing. He's had about 2 girlfriends before and 1 of which he's done stuff with (just not sex) and come February he gets another girlfriend. This one, again he does stuff with but not sex. So this sort of puts me back on the tracks that oh, he's not bi or gay potentially, so I'll just carry on normal school. Around March, he starts to sort of 'feel me'. Before, I think he used to make excuses a lot to touch me, maybe see how I react such as hand around shoulders, hand on my face, just little stuff.
    Now, he starts to push his body, abs, into me to kinda get me to push him away so that I feel them, which is really odd, but he also secretly put his hand around my waist for a good 10 seconds while we were waiting in a queue for lunch, but he did it do nobody could see it happening and kept talking to his mates like he wasn't doing anything. He also started touching me around right side when we were walking through the corridor, and he even said "I bet you like that don't you", to my surprise I quickly responded by saying piss off in a jokey way.

On Skype, he makes little comments if something to do with being
    Gay comes up. For example, if somebody said go suck a dick, he'd reply by saying yeah id love too, but nobody thinks anything of it purely because he's the most sarcastic in the group.

It sort of feels like he knows I'm bi or something and is trying to potentially hint to me that he might like something, but I'm in no position to ask him because word would spread somehow and it wouldn't be easy.

One more thing to add on is that I'm the only person who he does this with, I've seen nobody else and I can tell he treats me a lot different compared to his group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but a lot of the time I just see how things turn out, I have a lot of reasons for, but strong points that just deny any of it.

2. Chrissouth53

Talk to him. Don't ask a yes/no question like "are you gay?" It's just too easy for him to say "no" and end the conversation.

Just say "you know, some of the things you do might be considered gay or bisexual. how long have you been this way?" You don't even have to reveal you're bi. if he stammers and stalls, just say that it doesn't matter to you and you'd always be his friend. If the conversation doesn't progress, just drop it. I bet he keeps thinking about it and comes back to talk to you.

3. Snakeandcake12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I have no plans to ask him anytime soon due to exams in about 1 month time, so I'd rather keep something like asking him off my mind during this time. Do you think I'm not going out of line because of my feelings and that I could possibly just think all these little things are signs but generally are just.. Normal? Do you think he's a person who could potentially be bi/gay? The way he's been acting recently is as if he doesn't want to speak to me that much, but that's ever since school started on Monday and he could be very busy, as I guess we all are.
    Thanks

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    aww super cute if he's being serious. What I would do is say you wanna talk in private. Onec you two are alone, ask him if he's into you or if he's just kidding, because youre getting the wrong idea from him. If he's alone with you, he might be more comfortable saying the truth. If he's serious, then maybe talk it out. Say that youre into/not into him. if he says he's kidding, maybe tell him that you dont like it, because it makes you feel awkward.

hope this helped. hope you keep us updated on this lol

good luck :grin: