1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgusting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lyr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Lyr

Lyr Guest

I am disgusting
    I can't stop thinking about it, thinking about how it's not "normal" or how it's "disgusting" to love the same sex, I know it's not true, but this thought often occurs to me, and now I began to believe it, I hate me for what I am...most of people do not accept us, how can we like ourselves for whom we are if the society rejects us. I don't know how to take out this hideous thought of my head..

2. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're not disgusting! You're a wonderful person and should never think otherwise! Just because something isn't considered the "norm" doesn't make it wrong. Our differences are part of what makes us human. Never let others dictate how you feel about yourself. Life is short and you should spend it doing what makes you happy!

#2 TheDudeAbides11, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  3. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is a perfect example of the enormity of the effect that societal influences have on us. Even if you try, you really can't find anything disgusting about it at all. Man or woman, they're both just bodies, made of the same types of cells and tissues. So physically, there is nothing different. Of course there are different parts, but they're all made up of the same material.

The reason that certain members of society reject us is because those people are incapable of understanding a way of life that they don't relate to. It's the same situation for all instances of conflict, like fear/hatred of another culture or race or religion.

I can't think of a single argument that holds against gay people. There's absolutely nothing based in logic that makes me wonder if I'm disgusting.

To stop feeling this way? Work really hard to love yourself, and accept yourself, and care less what other people think. They are not you and they do not live your life, so how can they be an expert on you?

#3 Aerin, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Inis

Just remember you're more then your sexuality and you should love every single pieces of your personality, even though there'll be people who'll said you that you're wrong or "sick" or just "anormal". You are beautiful as you are.

People love judging, because a stereotypes or a prejudices fix the reality and make everything appear more ordered and predictable.
    Let them do it and convince your self that life is more then a contrast between two opposite colours.

5. nuggetbiscuit

you are not disgusting at all. this is a feeling, an instinct. being disgusting is entirely something else. but I know how you feel, I emotionally felt close only to boys until 7 months ago but I had sexual attraction only towards girls. I have been thinking I was a pervert and disgusting or something since I was a kid. I recently started to love and accept myself. everyone can hate or be disgusted by anything. it does not mean that thing is disgusting. do not let them affect you. you are the only person that knows you well. being gay or bisexual is going to be fully accepted someday, because there is going to be no difference in the process of reproduction. who would know that we would not only travel by planes but also explore outer space. just remember: you are not abnormal, it is just because we are yet to overcome ignorance.

6. Andreana21

I felt the same way for a long time. I wanted to be what others considered ''normal'' and I was feeling that I should be someone else rather than the person I am. But I've learned to live with that, and even better, cherishing it. Loving both sexes, or any sex is beautiful. Because love is love no matter what. You know, humans reproduce, but they also love and want to please each other. You will have feelings for different people in your life, and you'll learn to love unconditionally. Because there's someone out there, who will make you feel that way, and it doesn't matter the gender, just follow your heart. You'll realize this is the best thing that has ever happened in your life.

7. Lyr

Lyr Guest

When it is said by somebody else the effect is totally different, I am going to try to accept myself for whom I am and not for what the others want, I cannot guarantee that I'm going to make it..but I would do my best ^^ thank you all for your kind comments