1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to carry on

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Leo124, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Leo124

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 16 and also convinced myself I'm bi although starting to doubt that I know my mum would be fine with it but I just can't seem to tell my family and Dont feel like I'm actually alive my family is big 4 sisters 3 brothers me being the second youngest my little brother got a gf and it really made me question everything how do I carry on with life without telling people

2. Najlen

If you want them to know, then you'll find the right time to tell them. Coming out is hard, even if you know your family will be accepting. If you don't feel like you need or want to tell them, though, that's fine too. It's your life, and you have the right not to say anything until you're sure that you're ready. It sounds like you're really stressed out right now. I know how hard this can be, especially at 16. Try not to worry too much about your little brother getting a girlfriend. It sounds like if your mother is accepting that everything will work out fine in the end, and you shouldn't have to feel pressured to tell them if you aren't ready. I wasn't ready when I came out (my mother actually asked me) and I would rather that I'd had the option to wait. I can also understand feeling like you need or want to tell your family right away, but forcing yourself will probably just make you more stressed out and it sounds like you're under a lot of stress already. I hope this helps.