1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Gay Pride (Advice/Tips/Anything)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RahRahLM, Apr 17, 2016.

1. RahRahLM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So...

I'm actually going to pride this year. July. It's a UK one (don't the difference between the different prides) but I'm just looking for some tips. I'm going with a few people so that's that sorted but I just wanted to know if you have any advice for me or what happened the first time you went. What did you get up to??? Did you do anything new???

I'm just going to have a good time but I must admit I've never been around such a large crowd of LGBT, I've never kissed a guy or done much more (not that I would go that far cuz that's not me, thou a kiss would go a miss haha!!!)

Basically anything you can tell me will help

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a general tip for all big events. Take a 'disposable' mobile phone [you can get them for about £20], one you wouldn't mind being stolen. That way you can call your friends if you get lost, but you wouldn't lose something high in monetary value.

3. confusedbubble

Yep great advice about the mobile phone take money but not too much leave your bank card and enough to pay a taxi driver at home just in case you loose your money that way you can nip in and grab the money to pay him instead of having to find a cash machine.

Go with the flow smile speak to new people expect to hit the bars or clubs after pride and wear something rainbow or something that tells people your sexuality, last pride I was wearing a no body knows I'm a lesbian top because people bring there straight friends so its easier for people to see you're not straight.

This year I'm wearing a T-shirt that says on the front I'm coming out and the back lesbians queue here

4. dregj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    just a quick question
    can you just turn up to pride and march
    or do you need a ticket or something?

5. confusedbubble

If its in the UK you just turn up no ticket or payment as most of the time they're held in a public square or the gay quarter.

Take some money for hitting the clubs afterwards because some are free entry some require payment on the door.

there should be a website or social media page to advise when the event starts most do because they have different musicians or speakers on during the day/ evening

6. dregj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    8 days to go
    cant wait
    thanks for the advice

7. dregj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    it was fabulous
    drag queens rule