1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with homophobia.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nordland, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first it was OK and i laughed it off. Usually i'd just get called a "faggot" or a "queer", i didn't really mind this but it has got to the point where i can't walk into a room at school with this group of people in without being called a "Gay C*unt" or a "F*cking queer", it doesn't sound that bad but it builds up and when it is a constant barrage it can be quite overwhelming. It has reached the point where I sometimes get punched or kicked, I don't really retaliate as I don't like hurting people. I know i should tell someone but I don't want to be labelled as a "snitch" (most of these people are fairly popular, I don't really know why). Anyone got any advice?

2. Hatsune Miku

throw punches and curses back at them (at least that's what I do)

but if you don't want to do that, then i'd recommend finding some sort of a support system (such as a therapist or family member) to help counterbalance the negativity in your life

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if this is the most viable option, but it's on a regular basis yes? I don't think they would be so smug if you recorded it and had a little something against them.

Aside, when things like this happens and just goes unnoticed, I think that's a major flaw in the school system. Once is bad enough, repetition is unacceptable. :dry:

4. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have many friends at school? Also do you live at home or boarding school?
    I'm just trying to get a better idea of the type of support you may have.
    Is there any reason that they say it to you? I mean do they actually know you are gay or do they just suspect it? Not that either way makes it any more acceptable than the other.
    Are you happy being gay besides what they may think?

It won't make things any better right now but believe me when I tell you that this is the high point I their life. After school they will be absolute nobodies living miserable unwanted lives. For you this is maybe your lowest point but you have the opportunity for a great life ahead of you. Things will be so much better soon, trust me.

5. eMei

In the UK this is a hate crime and these people can get prosecuted, should you decide to go to the police. Sometimes you've got to do what's right for you, no matter what everyone else thinks. The police have to investigate calls; just tell the truth.

6. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was is this situation but not for a long time ( a few months)
    what I did was making smartass comments back or just cursing the hell out of them.
    I would DEFINITALY tell someone about the physical abuse! I would tell someone because this means it has gone too far. being yelled at is bad enough. being kicked is the limit for me. Me personally would just kick their ass, but I should do that if I were you! Idk how bad it is there and the situation youre really in and stuff, so dont just fight back.

Maybe like eMei said, you could contact the police, if this were happen to be illegal.