1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush... Situation.. What is this??..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Im queer2bclear, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a crush and (I'm just going to use they/them pronouns to just make it neutral) So I have a crush on someone and I have this thing... I'm not sure if 'protective' is the right label for it, but that's what I've been calling it so far...

So the thing is: I want to be close to them (physically and emotionally) and I need to keep them safe and happy. And we hug a lot and there's a lot of physical contact between us.

Is there a name for this??

2. nuggetbiscuit

I might not have properly understood it but, why do you want to name it? is it really necessary?

3. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, first it's human nature to label things. And second I have anxiety, and having names for stuff helps a bit.

4. nuggetbiscuit

I see what you mean I guess. But think this way, you want to be close to someone, you feel close to someone, you want to connect with them, maybe this just mean you are attached to that person so much. It doesn't have to be named as love, friendship or something else. I think we are bound up with some people in another dimension. And that's why we cannot understand or name some feelings, thoughts. It is more of a theoretical approch to life.

I understand how psychological issues can affect you in this manner. You should try not to let it harm you, if you can, obviously.

Just enjoy the feelings!

And, I did not mean to judge, by the way. I don't have the right to.
    You also can tell about it a little bit more.