1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People at my school got beat up for doing the day of silence

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bassboss, Apr 18, 2016.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Il just give a quote from one of the attackers "talk...talk...I wnot punch you if you say don't punch me...if you stay silent I will punch you twice" the kid never broke his vowe

2. gryf

I... Have no words to describe the disgust of that.
    Credit the the guy for keeping his vow.
    What the hell?! My brother had day of silence in his school like 17 freaking years ago and no one ever did that.

Your area really needs that GSA. I strongly believe it will help.

Good luck. Keep strong. I don't know what else to offer

3. killswitch0029

Faith in humanity = dropping

It's sad that instead of trying to get along people are looking for reasons to hate others. It's downright disgusting

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, that kid deserves more than a rotten fish in his locker. Seriously, people... :eusa_doh:

Did the administration even do a thing about it?

5. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My assisted principal said something about talking to us on Monday but nothing happened I even reported it and still nothing

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2016 at 02:40 AM ----------

Homophobia has gotten worse about as quickly as the lgbtq community in my school has grow. I Really Dont Know why people do what they do but I'm just apperently one of the "good f*ggots"

6. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow... I'm gay and all i got so far was support not bullying. If you can, get a group of friends that support you and fight back to show them that gay doesnt mean a girly girl who can't fight and is too scared to face straight guys. Show the bullies that the only difference between you and them is that you like guys, thats it. However, if you dont think that you have a chance of success with this, then side with the people in charge. If the principal doesnt talk to you about it, then i would go to the highest ranked person in the staff team of the school and complain, and if it is the principal, then you should have every right to demand a meeting with her, either with your parents, or on your own. Good luck

7. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People don't mess with me they ether like me or are scared of me but the people they do mess with are the girls who are out. Mainly the trans guy (girl to guy) who the girls don't want in there bathroom and the guys beat her up when he trys to use the guys. And I'm scared to fight back because with my schools system the people who fight back are the ones who get in trouble

8. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thats digusting if you ask me! thats really respectless. I would tell someone because this is just messedup is you ask me

9. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have a meeting with the highest principal tommarow about starting a gsa and trying to push homophobia out of the preferences light

10. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So sorry to hear that,

I would emphasize to the principal that if something is not done about this issue, that you and others will be forced to go to the school board and press regarding his unwillingness/incompetence to protect students from hate crimes on his campus. I got into a fistfight in high-school that they tried to do the same thing as your school does with those who defend themselves getting in as much trouble as the one who started the fight.

I had a kid "cheap shot" me in physics class in high school after calling me a faggot (I wasn't out to anyone at that point) in front of the teacher. I protected myself by beating the crap out of him to the point where my hands were bleeding alot from being cut on his braces. Needless to say they wanted to put both of us in on campus suspension, but I explained to the principal I would not accept any disciplinary action as I was defending myself after being attacked, and that if he wanted to try I would:

A.) Contact the school board and make him justify his disciplinary action against me by spending one of his nights there as per outlined in our schools schools by-laws.

B.) Contact every local media outlet and explain that our schools policy was to allow someone to attack you without the ability to defend yourself from physical injury.

C.) Seek civil damages for the emotional distress caused by being isolated for weeks alone in a room for protecting my well-being because of their negligence.

D.) Start a review on every questionable decision that he has ever made as a principal and make him spend all of his free time off work in front of the school board justifying those decisions regardless of who was involved.

E.) Email every teacher, student, parent, and media outlet that I could find with the above questionable decisions which would undoubtedly ruin his reputation and aspirations of further advancement in his career.

(Yes, I was that smart-ass kid in school that used everything available to leverage what little power you have at that age... And my parents agreed with me, so I decided to stand up to that worthless principal)

I know this is extreme, but sometimes that is the only way to make changes. Needless to say I no longer was being told that I would be receiving on campus suspension. If it is not banned in your schools by-laws, maybe having those who are getting bullied carry mace wouldn't be a bad idea. (It is a good idea to have non-lethal/legal ways to defend yourself with you anyways) People tend to stop attacking those who will temporarily blind them and place them in agonizing pain for the next few hours. :icon_wink

11. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then don't fight back. You have every right to demand a meeting with a person in charge and talk to them about this. Isn't that all you've got left to do... Or maybe just sign some sort of peace contract with these guy (dont do that because you will seem weak and desperate.)...

12. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did talk to my principal and she said that she will deal with the attacker and I have a meeting tommarow with getting a gsa started and the kid who was attacked is getting the courage award at the end of the school year for keeping his vowe

13. PaperInkling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did the day of silence and it was very annoying when people kept saying things like "Say nothing if i can put your hood up". I actually intended to come out on the DOS but those plans fell through.