1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dad wanted a heart to heart talk

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by justtired, Apr 20, 2016.

1. justtired

justtired Guest

And it is still freaking me out! He asked questions about my social ineptitude, hinting about my sexuality and I was just completely frozen not knowing how to answer and I had to turn off the video chat. I'm just not ready for that kind of emotional talk! I might have hurt him with my silence..but I just find it difficult to confide anything to my parents. I can use some words of comfort :frowning2:

2. Really

Maybe he's just worried you might not be happy. I don't think you need to jump to the he-suspects-I'm-gay idea. He may just be open to the possibility and putting it out there that he would be fine if that was something you might tell him.

Do you get the impression he'd be fine? Obviously, being put on the spot is a shock but maybe you could send him a message saying you're sorry you cut the call short. His comments were a bit of a surprise but you appreciate that he'd be open to anything you might tell him. In the future.

It truly sounds from your description that he will be fine when you decide you're ready to tell him. I'm sure he doesn't expect the answer this exact minute. Take your time. He'll wait.

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Really is right.
    he's probably just worried that you might not be happy and prob just wants to help you.
    It was pretty harsh to just end the video chat without saying anything, but I think he now knows youre not really ready for it. If I were in your situation, I would just apolygise for ending the chat so abrubtly and just tell him that youre not ready to open up so much. I think then he'll understand. Your dad sounds like a good parent.

If I may ask: Why are you video chatting and not talking to eachother IRL? Only answer this if you feel comfortable doing so.

I hope it will all be normal again and I wish you lots of luck!
    :slight_smile: