1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have an Important Question

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Locke22, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Locke22

Ok, so I'm female, that's all I'm saying on the personal info side of things.

Ok, so over time I've been diagnosed with several mental health conditions, namely depression. I also have anger problems, and though I'm not sure if it's even anything, sometimes I can be in the shower while no ones home, and at some point I could swear I hear them come home, it's very faint, and non distinguishable really, but I could swear it was there, but then I leave my room, no ones home. And lastly I have aspergers, though I honestly have no idea if being on the spectrum is some kind of mental health condition, never did much research, aka at all.

Ok, but anyway, for a few months now I've started to believe I'm transgender, and it feels so true, but it comes and goes, once I went a whole two months where I was on the I know I'm not side. But it's come back several times, and here's the thing, each time it does My depression just begins to get so unbearable, and most recently, I uped my dosage of my depression meds. Seeing a psychiatrist in a week, see if there's anything stronger.

But a few hours after waking up the day I uped the dosage, seemingly all of a sudden I felt great again, and once more I was certain I'm not trans.

And every night since, when it's getting time to take my meds, I start feeling the depression sink in and start to think on it again, not the same way, not in the I am that way, but about it.

So I talked to my therapist today, and I wasn't really comfortable filling her in on all the details just yet, just that I'd been going through this on off thing, and she said she couldn't say yet without talking about it more, but she gave me several examples of things it could be, none of them are really all the positive.

But anyway, one of them, which seems to fit because of the voices thing, is psychotic depression, which a main aspect of is believing something to be true and factual about yourself completely. Which seeing as both my mother and sister are bipolar, makes it pretty plausible.

Anyway, my point of making this topic, I don't know if anyone here has had any experience like this, but maybe you've heard of someone going through this? Is it even possible? I mean, the whole magic button gender swap for a day idea has always been a fantasy of mine, and I love playing video games as guys, well, unless the female voice actors are better. So it's not like there's nothing the delusions could be based on.