1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to meet other gays but i cant

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sigtu12034, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, i am 13 and i figured out i was gay last year. So figuring out you are gay at 12 is kind of early i guess... Now i started to come out to people 1 by 1 (out to 5 now) and i find it really difficult. There are some people who believe "christianity is against gays" and stuff like that but that just makes me think they are dumb. I believe that there is a creator (god), and i am christian, however, i dont believe the bible is always right because god made me born this way and why would he be against that? So i started to ignore the homophobic people, but my problem is... I wanna make gay friends, i wanna get a boyfriend... Basically, i wanna get to know other gay people but i cant seem to know where to find others. I know im too young and most people my age are either straight or dont know that they are gay and thats what makes it hard. I sometimes feel like im the only gay guy.. Im not looking into online dating since im just 13 and i really dont know what to do... Please help anyone. Advice?

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you ave a community here of lgbtq people right here :slight_smile: . A lot of people your age are probably not as comfortable coming out, or are still questioning. I know I was at your age. In a few years I bet you will know a heck of a lot of gay guys.

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ive been in your situation. From my personal experience, all I can say is to just have patience and wait. Youre young, yes. Theres also a chance you might not be so sure about youre sexuality, because you are such a young age. alot can cahnge in a few years. You shouldnt get involved into online dating. most gay guys on those dating sites only want to have sex and thats it. Its pretty easy to get talked into doing things or meeting someone you think is nice, but could have total wrong intentions. So I'd stop the internet dating if I was you.

You have a whole life infront of you, so theres no need to rush about getting a boyfriend. You need to try not to think about stuff like that and just enjoy being a kid and having fun with your friends. Not trying to get into relationships with guys. Just have patience, and wait untill youre atleast 15 or 16 before trying to find a bf/gf. atleast thats when I got my first bf. and that still didnt work out.

so again, have patience and just enjoy hanging out with friends and dont worry about not finding other gay friends. You'll meet some along the way.

good luck, hope this helped :slight_smile:

4. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt start internet dating and im not even gonna try it.. I know its all about hook ups and sex and stuff like that and if i wanted a relationship or a frienship with another gay guy it wouldnt be for that.
    Thx for the help :lol:

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:25 PM ----------

I hope so :lol:

5. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah well its just that from where i come from its not gonna be easy.. :lol:

7. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey firstly 12 isn't early at all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Secondly the bible is pro slavory, pro sexism and against cutting your hair so it isn't exactly reliable in modern day...
    Thirdly the gay people are either the homophobes or have put a lock on their closet and swallowed the key so it will come in time when you find other people on the spectrum :grin:
    Boyfriends at 13 are overrated ( I've had no experience other than reading forums )
    They don't actually love you ( probably ) like a person might love their parter if they were married..
    Meeting another gay person for me was not really anything big..
    He didn't know ( and still doesn't ) that I'm gay but it really was not some huge forfilment as you might want to believe and possibly expect..
    Anyway hope this shone some light on the situation..

8. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay thanks :lol:

9. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that is understandable, but I am sure that since you are brave enough to be who you are others will be too :slight_smile:

10. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. Thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile:

11. Cuchoalpino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'm at the same situation like you I don't know any other gay guys (in person) but you have to always remember that you are not alone because there are tons of people like you so don't worry, I want a boyfriend too (like mostly everyone) but Im just 14 and you are 13 there a lot of straight people that don't even get a boyfriend or girlfriend even at 20 so we just gotta have hope and make lots of friends in this forum to not feel lonely n_n.

#11 Cuchoalpino, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  12. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah im too young i guess to be wanting a boyfriend, but i just want some gay friends, i actually never ever got to meet a gay person (who i know is gay, i mustve been talking to many closeted gays :lol: ) . I came here to get to know other LGBT people virtually and to get advice and to make friends... but i really also wanna know an lgbt person in real life. I guess ill have to wait until someone else comes out or one of my friends turn out to be gay (i doubt :lol: ).
    Thanks for the help :slight_smile: