1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal? Constant intrusive paranoia?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by zachstin17, Apr 23, 2016.

1. zachstin17

So allot has happend in the past few weeks. I have pretty much accepted myself completely. but I keep constantly having these intrusive OCD thoughts about how I might no be gay. I have done a extreme amount "soul" searching and have learned allot about my self and my past. One thing I am really confused about is my social life. I have noticed that I tend to stick to girls as friends. For some reason Its much easier to talk to girls as friends. It comes more natural what to say and how to communicate. I would definitely say that my personally is pretty effeminate in most ways but I just don't show it. The issue i'm having is distinguishing the difference between being sexually attracted to someone and just liking them as friends. If I looked at a pretty girl I would notice that their pretty and acknowledge that, But that would be the extend of it. Thinking about or looking at a man is different. I don't see them as pretty because there men, but its a extremely confusion mix of emotions that I am having a hard time understanding. If I think about kissing or body hugging another guy it makes my entire body feel tingly and good for some reason. Thinking the same thing with a women does nothing, no feelings at all. The reason I'm confused I think is because women are just naturally more pretty and being raised to like women was drilled into my head even though its just not true for me. Are these thoughts of confusion and paranoia normal?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say it's normal enough, or at least I went through roughly the same thing when I was first coming to terms with my sexuality.

Depending on how long you've realized you're not straight, I think a bit of the confusion will clear up with time. I initially thought What if I'm actually bisexual? What if I go through the entire coming out process just to have to come out again as gay? People wouldn't take me seriously if I were to come out twice. But over time I realized that I feel for girls isn't on the same level as what I feel for guys, and that the self doubt was really just trying to "bargain" or "compromise" when I still was struggling to accept my sexuality. And that emotions, like love, are often hard to categorize. So if I end up being only 80% gay instead of 200% gay, then so be it. Obsessively worrying about it will not give myself any clarity.

Most people can realize if somebody is attractive, even if they aren't sexually attracted to them.

I'm not really sure if this helped, but hopefully somebody else will comment. There is also guaranteed to be at least a few YouTube videos of people talking about the things you're confused about. Perhaps that would help :slight_smile:

#2 HM03, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  3. zachstin17

For over 4 years I thought I was just bisexual because women are just naturally beautiful. I did not fully understand what the difference was until around 2 months ago when I realized I was gay. I have absolutely no sexual urge, want, or need for any women in my life. When I did not know I told my parents I never wanted to get married because I had no urge to be with women. Just thinking about kissing a boy or even hugging makes me feel soo tingly and overwhelmed with feelings. Its soo weird. Its like the entire social life/relationship urges is a perfect mirror of what straight guys are. Things I did not even understand about myself just became clear when I realized. For example when I talk to people i'm comfortable with, I talk with a very effeminate manor, Using my hands and up-talking after every sentence. Or I always use the work {like} more than any other word even where its not needed. These just general traits I have always had and not even known why. I know this is a stereotype, but it is definitely a common attribute in gay men. I have also noticed when I'm not comfortable around people, Like my family or people I know will judge, I tend to deepen my voice to a uncomfortable pitch to make myself more masculine sounding even though i'm not. Things like this are just making sense all of a sudden.