1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding cuts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FoxEars, Apr 23, 2016.

1. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, everything kinda built up and I well, you can tell by the title. I've been wearing long sleeves to help cover them, but that alone isn't going to hide them. Sleeves slip around, and Ma'am and Flight Sergeant at cadets have already noticed them when I got carried away with painting a model. Does anyone have any tips to hide them? They're on the outside of my arm from my wrist up to my elbow, and there's tonnes. The school uniform requires me to wear a t-shirt in drama, and the cadet uniform requires me to wear the sleeves neatly rolled up with my dark blue shirt. So if anyone, by some miracle, has some advice I'd be so so grateful.
    Thanks,
    Kobe.

2. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had issues with this as well. When you are required to wear short sleeves it becomes extremely difficult to keep it a secret. Can you wear bracelets? That can usually hide them on your wrist. As for the ones higher up on your arm, makeup is pretty much your only option. White eyeliner first and then concealer, and try to find some translucent powder at your local drug store to help keep the makeup from rubbing off. Even with makeup it can still be hard to cover them sometimes, depending on the type of cut. Biggest advice is to try to overcome the addiction. Trust me, I know it's not easy. I've been struggling for 3 years with cutting. I've been clean for months and then relapsed recently. I know things are hard now, but you just have to hold on. I'm here if you need to talk about it too!

3. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately I can't wear bracelets, it's uniform not casual clothing. I'll try to see if I can borrow make up from a friend, though. And thanks so much for this.

4. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone know of a good store/stores that sell scar-removal cream for a cheap price? I don't have scars, and I'm hoping that I won't but I should be able to use this to cover the fresh and fading cuts.
    Thanks.

5. plant

Stores like target, walmart, etc sell scar removal cream for about $30 but it typically takes a few months for the scar to compeletely clear and it shouldn't be used on open or healing wounds. I recommend finding a foundation or concealer in your skin tone to help cover the scars (it works well, but it can be kind of cakey at times). This tumblr post was extremely helpful for me:

Choose Recovery • How to fade and cover scars:

#5 plant, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  6. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I meant scar cover cream or something, I worded that last post wrong. The concealer I have doesn't work, you can still see the cuts.

7. plant

https://www.veilcream.com.au this cream is made specifically for covering scars, however I'm not sure whether they sell it in stores. If the concealer you have doesn't work, I think covering your scars with bracelets or long sleeves is your best bet.

8. David21201

Hey, okay so this is going to sound like overkill BUT how I hid my scars was concealer, liquid foundation, the mineral powder, and of course something to seal it. It's basically doing what it would do if it was concealing freckles, acne, etc. If this doesn't work, I recommend maybe putting face wash on them. Sometimes it clears everything out and reduces scarring.

9. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Any good dermatologist can provide you with creams or treatment..
    Lucky for you, it's usually very cheep or even free

10. ZuzHR

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had a similar problem recently. I just suggest you put loadsss of moisturizer on it and it will heal soon. For now, maybe just put bandage over your cuts and say you have n injury.
    Hope I helped

11. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll try and find some things for this next time I go out, and I'll see what I can do with everyone's suggestions

12. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used tattoo cover up and a lot of foundation, setting powder and hairspray (to set, but I wouldn't recommend hairspray on cuts). But really, you have to overcome this, and I promise it's possible; we're all here for you, bro.

13. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its expensive but I brought foundation from a makeup brand called keromask which is specifically for covering things like scars and tattoos and works decently well, cost about £40 a bottle though which is crazy money. Before that I tried concealor and then foundation and a setting powder on top (hairspray over that to seal it and attempt to make it waterproof). The colour of your arms tend to be completely different to your face so if you end up testing out makeup make sure you do it on/near the area you want to cover.

#13 Aberrance, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  14. devotions

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tea tree oil helps to fade it, you could also get some cheap BB cream at Target or someplace. BB cream is usually cheaper than foundation I think.