1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do the thoughts stop?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shadstack, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

When do the thoughts of "why can't I find women attractive?" stop? When does the time come when you can stop thinking of your sexuality as a bad thing? When will I stop feeling guilty for having crushes on other guys? Will there be a day where my sexuality won't crop up in my mind?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I just don't feel too good at the minute, and there are very few people I can discuss this with. :help:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, that line of thinking did not stop until I fully accepted myself as being gay and that there was nothing wrong with it and it is just who I was born to be. It took me a while, until I was about 20, before I could come to that conclusion. But once I embraced myself, things got much better and my life improved drastically. Everyone has their own unique journey to go through to self-acceptance and I'm sure you will get there when you're ready.

3. Gay1234

I second lances post. I felt this way until I self-accepted myself. I believe you can't accept yourself because of what society puts an image on you. You were probably taking the homophobic people too personally. The way I male myself feel better is that I believe homophobic people are just cowards and are jealous of us. I don't know does that help but it helped me. If you accept yourself you are free to live a better life. There are also too many people taking their lives due to this and it should not resort to that as there are always a lot of people to talk to like the people on here and people you can meet and have a chat in person.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

#3 Gay1234, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some guys like guys, and that's cool. :slight_smile: