1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with ignorance on bisexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ljjgood25016, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am confused about my sexual orientation. I am still questioning my sexual orientation. There is a very huge chance that I could be bisexual. My sexuality is very fluid. I'm sorry if this is long. My thoughts might be all over the place. Sometimes, I feel like I'm asexual. Also, I'm a black male, which makes this issue worse. I am a 19-year old male. I'm dealing with about one or two issues. I'm always the kind of person who needs constant reassurance on things that bother me. I constantly google and look up things based on bisexuality.

So, I want to find ways to deal with society's ignorance of bisexuality. The ignorance gets to me, despite my efforts to not feel bad. Sometimes I get down on myself because of society's ignorance. I want to be able to deal with the stereotypes, myths, and stigma of being bisexual. I feel more attracted to girls than I do with guys. Plus, I've never been in a relationship, never dated, never had my first kiss, and never had sex. I've never done anything romantic, intimate, or sexual. Sometimes, I worry that I will never find acceptance from other people. If I was straight, it would be easier to be accepted by people. Sometimes, the idea of acceptance seems impossible. I really want to be accepted and feel like I belong.

Also, I am still questioning my sexuality. Sometimes, I feel bi and then I feel asexual. Sometimes, it really bothers me.

I go to a community college in a LGBT-tolerant state but I'm only out to a few people at my college. I'm not out to my family. Their not homophobic but would probably be disappointed if they found out.

Please help me. I really need some people to ease my mind.