Driving question

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So today I almost ran over someone's car while reversing and I come home and my brothers said learn how to reverse. The reason why I almost crashed was because of stress. Anyways my brothers said that you're supposed look over the shoulder, I said that the rear view mirror is enough. In conclusion are you supposed to look over the shoulder or is the rear view mirror enough?

2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always look over your shoulder. The rear view mirror and even the side mirrors have blind spots. I always check my mirrors first, then look over my shoulder, back up a little till I have a completely clear view then I'll glance back at my mirrors then over my shoulder until I've gotten where I need to be. Mirrors have blind spots so always double check by turning to look, even when changing lanes, etc. Blind spots are different for every model car as well.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not about what drill is right or proper, it's about making sure you can be sure there is no one behind your car. So check the mirrors and look over your shoulder if that is what it takes.

4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Doing both is the safest thing. I look over my shoulder and sometimes even pop my head out of the window to see before I rely on the rear-view mirrors to guide me. Better safe than sorry.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your suppose to do both.

6. HerrinDesFeuers

Normally someone who has a driver's licence should have learned things like that in their driving lessons...

7. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Both. I find it helpful to locate a reference point, like a tree or crack in the sidewalk, to make sure I've covered everything between the mirror view and the over-the-shoulder view. I adjust my side mirrors to see the edge of my car, which some people don't do, so I can be sure of where my car is in relation to everything. Many accidents are caused by blind spots.