1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the gaydar's not working

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iConor, Apr 29, 2016.

1. iConor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I've a friend I really like (apologies for the absolute cliché). Quick sum up: we're good - though relatively new - friends, we get on really well, have loads in common etc etc.. He knows I'm gay and I'm hoping he's bi but I amn't sure if he is. So basically, I don't want to be wasting feelings on him and so, want to find out if he's bi or not. Are there any creative things I could do/say casually to find out or get a better idea?And in such a way that he doesn't find out I like him - would hate to make things awkward. I've tried flirting which he has responded well to and sometimes reciprocated but I want somethings more conclusive... Any ideas?

2. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    maybe give him more signs if he takes them well. joke about LGBT related stuff. talk and ask about him having a girlfriend. se how he responds. maybe get a little closer to him when youre sitting together or when youre alone.

3. iConor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    See, I know he's had a girlfriend before and I also tried asking a friend of his if he's bi but she said she didn't know.. The logic all points to him being straight but he does things to throw me - he's very touchy feely with me whenever we go out together and he's flirty on snapchat. I know He could be playing me but I think he's too genuine a person to intentionally fuck with my feelings. Aghh so conflicted!! I just want a definite fecking answer! People should really wear badges ..

4. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he knows you're gay what's the problem?....just ask him.

"Hey, you seem straight but I'm thinking you might swing both ways....and I correct?"

As simple as that. You're not confessing your love you're just trying to get to know him better as a friend.

Uhhh....do guys not talk like this?

5. iConor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're right ^^^ I'm meeting him tomorrow so fuck it, I think I'll ask that! :O

6. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have an awful Gaydar