1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference in attachement

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cory675, May 2, 2016.

1. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I'm just looking for a bit of insight here, as 5 or 6 years ago, I was very unattached to everything and everyone in my life and today, I find myself getting overly attached.

When I graduated from high school 6 years ago, I felt very little attachement to my home town and to my family. I moved 5000 km away to go to university, never hesitated and never looked back. On the other hand I didn't like my home town, and I didn't have many friends. Nonetheless, I've never felt homesick even for my family.

Today, I couldn't imagine leaving the city where I live, I feel very attached to my city, very attached to my friends, and I get very attached, even overly attached to the guys I date.

This seems suprising to me because I used to be the most detached person ever, and now I'm one of the most easily attached.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or have any insight?

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is common to go through a change in perception in your twenties or even late teens, transitioning from focusing on freedom of expression to wanting to settle down and create a more stable life for yourself. It sounds like you went through such a change, feeling uncomfortable about changing in such a way can also be a sign that you are becoming more focused on creating a more stable life for yourself.

Anyway, you have nothing to worry about, the change that you went through is perfectly normal and it is a sign that you are going through a process of maturation which is extremely positive. (*hug*)

#2 Eveline, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016