1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to vent just a bit

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by duende84, May 3, 2016.

1. duende84

Its been a while since I posted here. Its also been 4 months since I came out to my parents. The pressure and stress subsided a bit. In the classic way my folks are just ignoring it like they do any big issue.

Since coming out I have not felt more alone and empty that ever before. I am consumed by my work/career but yet cannot really focus on it. I feel like an aimless wanderer.

I also have been on a few hookups courtesy of that yellow app but they all have been absolutely horrible.

My question now is - whats going on? Its like everything is going to shit.

I yearn for companionship. For true friendship and not just a few minutes of fun.

My close friends and my folks are 3 hours drive from where I stay and I miss spending time with them.

Love seems like the most illusive illusion more than ever before.

I dont get enough sleep these days. I feel empty inside.

And I am the one that usually urge my friends to stay positive and optimistic! :tears:

:rolle:

2. A Mindful Wolf

Finding love isn't easy, it isn't even guaranteed. You just gotta keep trying and enjoy the chase.

3. faustian1

OP, if you can, could you describe your platonic friendship experiences in the past? Maybe there's something there that can help or provide guidance.

4. duende84

Faustian1, I have a few very close straight friends in my home town. Guys (and girls) I can talk with about anything and everything. But they are far away now and I miss having that.

As far as romantic/intimate friendships goes... I cannot comment. The last time there was any idea of this was so long ago its like it never happened.