1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a rant.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gillisland, May 3, 2016.

1. gillisland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To start this off I'd like to repeat that this is a rant. Anyway, people at school really annoy me. In one of my old post I said that most of my friends are girls so I walk around the hall with some of them. After I get back to class some people ask "is she your girlfriend?" which obviously I reply no to. It just annoys me because it so constant and people don't get that you can be close friends with the opposite gender and still not be in a relationship with them.

This is a different story. Just today I went to my friend's volley ball game that she was playing in and I was sitting next to one of my other friends who's a girl. Like halfway through the game this kid in my grade came over to us and said "I took a picture of you two and put a heart around you guys and now a ton of people think you should be a couple" I just don't get why people have to do things like that because it's really annoying to a lot of people. Also, my friend who was playing volley ball, who knows I'm gay, told me that her entire team thinks that we're a couple. If anyone has anything to say, it doesn't matter if it's advice or anything, that'd be nice.

2. WhiteRose29

I'm not sure if there's any advice I could give, but I know what you mean! It's so damn annoying how every time I become friends with a girl, my mom thinks I may like her in "that way" and that there is potential for a relationship. She also seems to deny the fact that I prefer men, because she doesn't like it and she doesn't want to believe it, of course. Ugh...

3. AlwaysBeKind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I used to always joke with my gay friend that if ever he turned straight, that we would become an item. We were and still are super close even though we have a lot of distance separating the two of us.

Instead of getting angry, just say "yeah, she's great but she's not my type!" Laugh about it and enjoy the compliment. Yes, it is a little frustrating when you're not interested in your friends /that way/ but it's not as if they are saying anything bad.They obviously wouldn't want you to go out with a nasty individual at any rate.