1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jake1997, May 4, 2016.

1. Jake1997

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem I'm dealing with is: I never had a relationship with a guy i my life, and I don't mind that very much because I'm only 18, but I don't see it happening any time soon either, because:

1. There are a lot fewer straight guys than gay guys in this world, so we have a much smaller group to choose from, and we don't meet them as much as straight guys meet straigt girls, which I don't think is fair, but there is nothing I can do about it.

2. Of course you can go to gay clubs or use gay dating app or sites, but a big part of gay guys are feminine, which I'm not into. That's not a stereotype, that's just a fact.

Of course there are some masculine gay guys in the world, but there aren't many of them, and I have a really hard time finding them. Also I can't seem to deal with the fact that straight guys can just go everywhere and meet a lot of straight girls, and gay guys just have to be patient and try really hard to meet someone they like, it makes life seem incredibly unfair.

If you have the time, please respond with what you think, it would really help me out.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You live in Amsterdam and you can not find the type of guy that fits? I do not think your looking hard enough. There is a massive gay community in Amsterdam (I am there frequently for work). And they come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe your not finding them where you live or at school, but if you venture out a bit, be proactive, I am confident there are more guys that fit what your looking for than what you perceive.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be beneficial to join a dating site. This way you could meet people in your area. Though that can be hard too, to differentiate the actual people who are interested in a relationship from those that just want a hookup. But if you never try you'll never know?

Another good way would be to check into some local LGBT social clubs or groups, particularly at university. The more you extend yourself and explore your resources, the better your chances of finding a mate.

Additionally, you could ask gay people you know are in relationships (or married) how they met, this might give you some ideas of where to look. You have time, don't rush yourself. The right person will come along if you look for him and don't give up hope on yourself.

#3 Kodo, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016