1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I beat depression...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jogos, May 4, 2016.

1. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just want to say this, and I believe more than anyone else in the world, being an LGBT member I truly owe this response to you all. I hope this can be used to help people battling depression and YES YOU CAN WIN AND IT CAN GO AWAY..

I was diagnosed with depression November 2015 although I felt like I had been suffering already for a year or so without searching for help, it was only once my mind truly felt like it was caving in and all i could picture was killing myself is when i truly drew the line and said, NO! I am doing everything I can to save myself, lately I wont say life has been easier, its been the same but I am back to myself! And what this means is , fundamentally I want you all to understand its not the "if my life was easier" that will cure depression, in fact I went to a therapist and she taught me methods, of which i will share here because I know how awful it is, I will however HIGHLY recommend anyone suffering from depression, OCD, recurring intrusive violent or stressful thoughts, or any other type of negativity. to search for PROFESSIONAL help.

She taught me whenever i felt overwhelmed to close my eyes tell myself "it will pass its normal, you will be fine, let the stressful or fearful or painful situation pass" now instead of saying "oh no here we go again" to myself what i did was, if i needed to cry i would, just cry, EMBRACE the pain of the moment but whilst being stable and understanding fully that it would pass, the bad situation would pass. Ultimately another reason I didnt commit suicide was the fact that even when i felt in my blood the urge to no longer continue in pain i said to myself "NO I DESERVE LOVE" and I stand by that, you ALL deserve love, to feel it in your lives! :grin: I fought for my life, and for someone to love me and I still hope one day they will...I am 22 years old and still have never had a bf..yes I have known some gay people in University but none have caught my eye if you know what i mean... anyways

I was on zoloft, 50mg now i am still taking it but only half. Any i havent felt any difference since cutting my dose. NEVER cut your dose without speaking to a doctor first, my psychiatrist was the one who allowed it, because remember medication is very important and also can work differently if not taken how it should be. Something else my psychologist taught me was to close my eyes and picture a bubble around me, its a protective bubble from which only positive words would be inside, no negativity at all.

In other words, we should embrace our sadness when we feel sad about something but understand our limits, never drown yourself in that sadness, when you need to cry or "let the pain out" cry! or even write on paper how you feel, or on the PC in a microsoft word document, that helped me loads, express how you feel even if you are not sure exactly, and then dont read it back, save the document close it and move on. go for a walk! :slight_smile:

If anyone has any questions please ask me i am open to all xx

2. gryf

I love you and your drive.

I've best depression, a few times, I think.

Each time I realize in not helping myself and I get help.

Much of what you said is exactly the type of thing that helped me.
    I'm very happy for you, jogos

3. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks friend! :slight_smile: and I too am very happy to know you also managed to beat it, embracing the sadness is hard but I believe determination on our dreams and above all knowing it will pass, sure stress can come back but we have gone through it before so we can deal with it! Easier said than done, the exercises my psychologist taught me helped also. If anyone needs help or wants to talk to me about it, its ok I am open to help as much as I can xx much love to you all

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! :grin:
    Hearing this was quite inspiring because I've had depression for two years, and it's gotten worse this year..and sometimes you just lose hope and wonder if things even CAN get back to normal.

I'm happy for you to have overcome this~

5. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much :grin: Please NEVER lose hope fully! I understand what you are going through, there were moments that I felt blank completely, inspired, unmotivated I considered just ending it all because nothing would be the same again, I WAS WRONG!! and I KNOW THINGS WILL ONLY GET BETTER!!

The best thing too do is 1 - always make sure you have self control and you are safe that is the #1 priority, 2 - understand any negativity your thinking off in your mind you DO NOT HAVE TO ACT ON IT, please dont understand negativity is natural but it isnt "regular" your "regular" emotion isnt one that tells you harmful things, so the negativity will pass xx :slight_smile: stay strong, listen to music, draw, sing even if you like, do photography, write how you feel in a microsoft word doc then save it but dont read it too many times, just open that document whenever you need to let it out :slight_smile: all the best x

6. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You sound so awesome! Wow. I've been coping for around 4 years now, and I definitely feel better, I'm getting better slowly. You give me hope x

7. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, glad to know this! :grin: listen to music or draw, do photography, i love nature so taking photos in spring is amazing for me, watch a movie, above all make sure you are safe and if your sad dont fight the sadness just understand YOU ARE IN CONTROL just sit down let it out in tears if you need to. Everyone and I mean everyone has pain, but some deal with it one way others another, and this will pass. you will be cured!!!! :grin: love x

---------- Post added 22nd May 2016 at 06:21 PM ----------

Hi everyone! again I cannot stress this enough PLEASE IF YOU SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION SPEAK PROFESSIONAL HELP YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY AND ABOVE ALL TO LIVE! :grin: