1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a lot of dysphoria?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by h4zey, May 5, 2016.

1. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    okay so I get dysphoria but not crippling dysphoria. But my main question is are there any trans guys who are pre T who don't get too dysphoric over the wrong pronouns and the wrong name? I mean because u feel comfortable//confident enough with yourself that u believe that you're truely male so it doesn't bother u? Basically like u just KNOW oh your "birthname" isn't u but it doesn't bother u because... it is u and it's not your name. Just curious.

#1 h4zey, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. Glowing Eyes

I'm a transgirl but I think I can relate. I definitely identify as a girl but being referred to by my male name or pronouns doesn't really bother me sometimes while at other times it really irritates me. I said this in another thread (http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-gender-identity-expression/210938-not-trans-enough.html) but I sometimes actually like being seen as a guy. I often view my male body as a costume that I'm forced to wear. I still ID as female and even wish to transition. I don't like my birth name or he/his pronouns or my body during personal moments or in conversations but I like them when I'm just walking around the classroom or the hallway, I"m fine mostly 'cause I'm very shy and don't really talk at the time. Actually, a better comparison than the costume would be a different person. I like my male body like it's that of a fictional character. Not my own. That way I'm fine at times. This did cause me to question for a pretty long time.

#2 Glowing Eyes, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016