1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask someone if he is gay?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cuchoalpino, May 7, 2016.

1. Cuchoalpino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Theres a boy I like, and I want to ask him if he is gay without him feeling "offended".

He is a really close friend of mine, and he already knows im gay, I want to ask him if he is gay, because I'm scare to tell him I like him and he stop talking to me, and I don't wanna ruin our friendship.

So do you know some way to get to the topic with out looking that awkward? Something that is not like:

-Hey, are you gay!?

I receive any advice :slight_smile:

Sorry if my english sucks...

2. Embi

Embi Guest

If he already knows you're gay, he would know that you support him in case he came out to you. So the reason he didn't tell you yet (if he's really gay) is probably that he isn't ready. Rather than asking, I'd make sure you're okay to be gay yourself and not feel repulsed by it or anything. Because seeing you accept yourself maybe makes it easier for himself too.

If you really want to ask him, do it when you're alone and say something like "I was wondering if you are gay too". If he says no, accept it and don't ask him again. He either doesn't accept or he isn't gay.

#2 Embi, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016