1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair shaving?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SneakyNinjaPowR, May 8, 2016.

1. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure if this would go here. Please move if not.

Do you guys know the best way to shave your chest/belly/pubic/back hair? I used a disposable razor a few times, but I hate the stubble it gets after a day or two.

I would prefer like some kind of electric clipper type thing but I don't know what to use.

My hair is completely out of control. If someone sees me shirtless they either are surprised by it or they say it's gross.

2. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried an electric razor but it never seems to cut close enough and I wind up using a disposable.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Mangroomer works really good for the back(and is especially made for that), but you can use it on the chest/stomach area as well. It will trim the hair way down to almost nothing(maybe tiny stubble I guess). Beard trimmers work well for everything except the back as well. But if you want to be completely smooth then unfortunately there isn't really anything that can beat a razor.

4. A Mindful Wolf

I just shave every day in the shower with a disposable razor, or a good razor if it's being stubborn, keeps it smooth. I don't have back hair though so I can't really advise on that.
    You could also try hair removal cream. You can use women's brands, just get the one made for thicker or darker hair (men have thicker hair, not more, just thicker). Try it somewhere inconspicuous first to check if your skin can handle it. I recommend the top of the legs that are usually covered, or even the bottom parts that are usually covered by socks.
    Be careful using it in the pubic area. I have used it there before without problems but I know guys and girls that have gotten rashes because their skin couldn't handle it. The rash usually goes after a few days, but you know, scratching your crotch can be unattractive in public ^^

#4 A Mindful Wolf, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  5. CluelessOne

Waterpolo has made me quite proficient at shaving pubic hair.

Dependent on shower, lie down if you can. Mix a bit of conditioner into the hairs to make them soft. Rinse, repeat if needed (This comes with practice, I personally need two lathers). Shave away from your face keeping in mind relevant bits, once thinned, shave towards your face, you're looking to get little to no stubble whatsoever so alternate like this until satisfied. Beware the itch that comes later but for now enjoy being smooth

6. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A good razor not the 10 for a dollar pieces of crap. I used to do the chest stomach and public area clean all the time. Now the chest I leave alone, the stomach with a beard trimmer, and between the legs clean shave. As far as helping with the irritation stubble the 2 days after. Baby Powder I have found is life saver.