1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is life this way?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought that a relationship would help with my depression, but it hasn't... I just feel like something is missing from my life. I feel ugly because of the popular girls constatntly calling me ugly, I feel hurt from my abusive relationship prior to this one, and I just feel... Empty. I have a therapist and take antidepressants, but it isn't helping much... I know that I'm complaining a lot, but I just feel like life isn't worth living sometimes...:help::tears::icon_sad:
    I'm sorry for bring so annoying, but I have Asperger's Syndrome...

---------- Post added 8th May 2016 at 09:29 PM ----------

Please... Anyone?

#1 Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is worth living.

You are going through tough time right now but soon enough the sun will shine again and you will feel better. I have had depression as well and know that ''empty feeling'' very well. It does get better, even when you think it won't, it will.

You are only 15 and have a whole life ahead of you.

I am sure it hurts to be call ugly by some stupid teenagers but don't let it affect you. Them calling you ugly say much more about them than it does about you. Depression is a terrible thing and make everything seem awful but there is so many little things to appreciate in life and worth living for, much more than there are reasons not to. So when depression hits me, I always try to find at least one positive thing into my day and I do this everyday until I don't need to anymore and if I can't think of anything positive that have happened during the day, I make sure I make it happen by either doing something that I like or by helping someone else in need.

Once you start looking at life with a positive outlook (even for just 10 minutes a day) life automatically become easier and more beautiful. You'll ALWAYS have something to complain about because life is not always easy or as we planned and because people aren't always nice or helpful, but instead of focusing on that try and focus on everything you can learn from those bad experiences/moments, those may be the worst moments of your life but they will also turn into your most empowering ones, if you try and take something positive out of them.

Good luck though OP as I know the feeling, so here is a hug for you (*hug*)

Ps: sorry if my post doesn't make much sense as it is 5 am here but I didn't want to read and run !

3. gryf

Look up meditation. It helps with anxiety/depressive attacks I get.

Linning has a great idea. Think of something ANYTHING positive. I'd think as simple as, I am not hungry all day. I'm still alive and there are people ah care about me. I've made it this far, I can keep going.. . . etc
    The super negative WILL pass, it will get better, and come back down and get better again. Live for the better times and try to maximize then, hold on during the bad times and you'll make it through.

I've had severe depression/anxiety my whole life, so I know what is like to view the entire world in terms of negatives. Escape this with positive words. 'Sub can't up again, I'm awake so here is another chance it will be better' . that one thought, 'it can only get better if I keep going' kept me alive and avoiding stupid risks for years. It only gets better if you're here.

I'm surprised you're on meds? They wouldn't put be on meds until I was about 20. Something about sometimes making it worse rather than better.
    IF you notice you feel worse in the need, CALL DR ASAP. or have someone else do it. The Dr can change the need and it can help a LOT. I've been on like 8 out something meds at one point or another (not ask at once!).

I hope you feel better soon
    Gryf

4. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. Thanks. The meds that I'm taking are Fluoxetine.

5. gryf

I've been on that. It's generic prozac
    Very well understood. Used for decades. Basically safe and what they started new on.

Just watch for and changes or if it stops working as well.
    The same thing for any med. If you aren't getting benefit, talk to Dr.

That one helped me for a while. But I still needed the talk therapy

Fare well

Gryf

6. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll let you into a secret about the popular girls. They need everyone to like them because they can't find anything to like about themselves. That's why they are so critical of other people. Sometimes, when people have such a low impression of themselves, they find it easier to drag others down instead of picking themselves up. Don't worry too much about these kinds of people because soon you won't have to have them in your life at all.

Being in a relationship brings just as many issues as it solves, much the same as everything else in life. Whilst being in a relationship with the right person can help you find out more about who you are, being in a relationship with the wrong person can stop you from being true to yourself.

Sometimes being on antidepressant meds means that you are less likely to feel the high points in life, as well as the lows and so it can result in this feeling of life being boring or pointless. You said you feel ugly and hurt because of what others have done to you and sometimes you feel like life isn't worth living. That may make you feel as though you're complaining a lot. It is not a bad thing to discuss your feelings and concerns, especially if it is causing you to question your life so it isn't really complaining, it's just being open and honest. Therapy should help with these feelings as well as sharing your thoughts with others.

As for Asperger's Syndrome, there is nothing you need to apologise for. It is just one of the many things that makes you the unique person that you are.

What are the things in life that you enjoy or look forward to?

7. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, Gryf!
    To Calf: I am looking forward to moving to Spain this summer and living there until college. I will miss my boyfriend here :frowning2: , but Spain is the most accepting country of LGBT people in the world, or so I've heard...

8. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: I'm starting to become confused about my gender... This is only making my depression worse.:eek:

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    We all have moments, and most of us even fairly long timelapses, when life just sucks. It's painful and hard. But if you keep on walking you'll likely stumble upon something good somewhere, sometime.