1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still a virgin... It's making me feel sad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RahRahLM, May 9, 2016.

1. RahRahLM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So

I think I've kinda missed out on romance and sex etc, etc. At first it was a "wait for the right person" kinda deal but it's starting to bother me. At 26 I haven't had a romantic relationship at all, I haven't even been kissed by a guy let alone sex. It just feels right now that I've missed out on it all. Like I've lost out.

I seem to have most things in life I want except that. A good job, family, friends... Yeah I'm still not ideally where I want to be but...

It just feels like cuz everyone around me has had the relationship thingy/kiss/sex and I haven't... It only tells me that be lost out.

Is this what being gay means? To be left out of all that!!! :bang::tears:

2. Embi

Embi Guest

Everyone takes their own time. There are so many reason why you could be a virgin that age and it's okay. Of course I get why you'd want it but don't feel like you've missed out. You can still do all the things you could have done when you were younger. Some of them could be even better now. And you can't turn back the time, so try to live your life the way you want to from now on and don't look back at the past with regret. It will all be okay :slight_smile:

3. gryf

Well, when did you come out?
    A relationship wasn't even possible until then.
    Also, you seen to want the connection and emotion rather than a hookup.
    Try a dating site (NOT hookup apps, unless you just want that)
    Also go to lgbt things. Also, I know the feeling of being left out.
    I only came out this year. Finally had first gay date. Also, it's can happen that you only see the success of others, not all those in the same position as you.

If you rush, you may get hurt.

If you just want a sexual experience, go on a hookup app.

If you want more, it takes longer.sane as straight people.

4. RahRahLM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 21 when I came out thou I've had a bit of rough time with depression that has only settled now. Online dating sites are no good. Despite not out right saying there not hook ups, everything is plus I just can't get away with online dating.

I don't just want a sexual experience. I want that and more but it just seems... Impossible.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally I wouldn't say this, but I'm a few years older and am in a similar position. I've had two kisses, and neither of them were sober. I've had a number of girls I've liked, and a few guys as well, but have never gotten anywhere with any of them. Never had sex. I'm 29 years old, and I feel self conscious about it sometimes. But past is past, you can't change it. It's okay, I'll get there(hopefully soon, as I'm actually serious about it now), and so will you.(*hug*):kiss:

#5 BrookeVL, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're not missing out on anything all that great. I never understand why people are so eager to lose their virginity; the first time is always awkward or weird and as awesome as it can be, sex has never left me with the drug addiction feeling it leaves some people with. My friends and family refer to me as 'asexual,' and while that may be true there are times when I'm eager to have sex with somebody but it's never an all-consuming need.

If I could take back losing my virginity for the first time (I lost it twice, I know that sounds weird, but I count straight virginity differently than gay virginity, of which I've lost both, now), I would. It was just the weirdest experience of my life and the fact that it was 'straight' sex didn't have anything to do with it, it was just the circumstances-- I could write a whole screenplay taking place over the bizarre 48 period leading up to and into me losing my virginity and all it did was leave me with heat exhaustion and a bad cold. As for gay sex, I have to sneak around in order to get anything done because I live with an overbearing Jewish mother who would probably slice my fingers off with a fork if she knew I'd had sex with a guy or something.

Either way, trust me. You're not missing much. Sex is the exchange of bodily fluids, nothing more. I know that there's that romantic element people put to it but I've never bought into that much; I've only had a romantic interest for one person in my life. But I never really wanted to have sex with her, I just wanted to be around her, be a part of her life, and for her to be a part of mine, but the gods didn't see fit for that the way for things to be and so we went our separate ways and her absence in my life is something that haunts me to this day and gives me those longing pangs in my heart. But I know I could never satisfy her and that she could never satisfy me due to my asexual nature.

That's a very long, difficult answer that has little to do with your post but take it as you will as a testament to the idea that losing your virginity is going to make you happier or more fulfilled-- it won't. Again, maybe it's something that only applies to me or my part of the 'spectrum,' as you kids call it. Besides, you said you have a good job, family and friends, I'd take that over any sex any day. You've got more than I got going for me and that's good. But at the end of the day I find it's better to jerk off those sad thoughts that you feel like you're missing out on something than to act on them and what's the best thing about doing that is that nobody will judge you for that, nobody can judge you for that.

#6 Benway, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016