1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's still normal if it's a little awkward, right?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shadstack, May 9, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I still feel a little awkward talking about my sexuality with my friend, even though he's gay too.

He asked me today while we were talking and having lunch in school:
    "What do you find attractive in guys?"
    "Personality-wise or physical?"
    "Both."
    Then I got kind of flustered, because I didn't then and still don't feel 100% comfortable talking about it, really. So I just said:
    "You tell me first!"
    He answered and it never got back to me, luckily. I narrowly avoided the question.

The thing is though, I don't know why I feel so awkward talking about it. It's not me that's just like this, right?

2. Umme

Eh, I get awkward talking about girls and boys.

I'm probably really wierd, but you're not the only one.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

When you're in school it can be awkward. I used to hang out with a really open and diverse group, with Ls, Gs and Bs, but it was too embarrassing personally to talk about my sexuality with loads of people around.

4. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally find situations like this extremely awkward but that's just me..

5. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just a normal topic. I think you might be a bit too conscious of the surroundings, thinking people will listen to what you are talking about and/or view you badly because of that.

Don't giving a damn about other people do take a time, and you're still young so I understand why you might be so anxious. You can always tell your friend you don't want to discuss such things in a public space.

6. Fromslahen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's pretty understandable. When you're in the closet you try to outwardly appear straight, so the thought of openly discussing anything "gay" can seem kind of jarring. This is simply what I personally find myself, so whether or not this applies to you is up to you to decide. Honestly, it's just a case of getting used to it and being more confident about it. Hope this helps!

7. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get so awkward too!

But I'm just social awkward, so idk if I'm helping you. I personally just don't have a type. I just like the way people make me feel. It's hard to narrow it down to a few traits. It's totally normal to feel awkward :slight_smile: