1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating apps ain't cutting it.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LivingInACave, May 9, 2016.

1. LivingInACave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I've recently realized that I wouldn't mind finding myself a dude. I downloaded some gay dating apps, and I have come to a conclusion. When I first downloaded it, I found a really cute dude who was about a four minute drive away from me. After making an audible "Sheeeeeeit" I messaged him. We talked for about half an hour. I then asked him if he wanted to meet up, and he stopped responding. :icon_sad: I mean it happens, maybe he just wasn't that interested. Maybe I came on a little too strong :rolle:

I mean, these apps aren't for long conversation, its to meet up and date. That being said, the lack of conversation is the biggest problem. I got hit up by several guys throughout the day, most of them saying "hey man" or "hey bud", with maybe a comment on my beard here and there. But nobody ever bothered to make conversation, responding with only two or three words at most, and not asking any questions, leaving my ass to carry it on.

I deleted the app the very same day after reaching the conclusion that the super qt and I weren't going to be linking up. So Empty Closets, with dating apps out of the way, how can I meet dudes interested in dudes? :help: :eusa_doh:

2. faustian1

This is a question I have asked, since these on-line "resources" and apps became more usable (about a dozen years). It's always been the same.

It's true people want to meet via this kind of hookup. I've done it myself a number of times in the last five or six years. But you are somehow expected to accomplish this without much personal pre-communication, and absolutely no post-communication.

Casual sex is great. However, the lack of connection and basic rudeness of the process will be quite a self esteem destructor, if this is your only form of socialization with other men.

In the event you figure out why things work this way, let me know. I've been trying to figure it out since before the dawn of electronic dating (meaning, bars and other such old fashioned devices). I haven't gotten a clue yet, although I will admit I may be slow.

What I can tell you is that gay men are just as afraid as straight men, of letting another man actually get to know them. Even a little. It's apparently wired in another part of the brain, different from where the sexual orientation part is wired. This is the main reason there are so many lonely gay people--the odd ones who actually want to connect. Do take notice that the lesbian community does not seem to suffer to our degree, from this problem.

I know that may not be so PC. Oh well.

#2 faustian1, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just had a similar thing happen with a woman a couple weeks back....I don't think it's just a gay thing.

1-3 word responses, didn't seem really interested, and dropped the conversation unexpectedly. When she dropped off I decided to do the same and not wait for a response, so I wasn't too broken up, more annoyed that she wasted my time.