1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affraid of coming out!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by faceup, May 9, 2016.

1. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so affraid of coming out to my best friend, everytime we hang out I got a little bit sad because I have been lying to him for 21 years( I am 32). I am affraid of his reaction, because he is very importand in my life.

In a few months I will go to live abroard. Would you come out before travel or will wait until get back? Or come out by e-mail when I be aboard

I keep thinking if I come out to him I will be happier, actually I keep thinking if I will be happier out of the closet because right now I feel so sad and lonely.

---------- Post added 9th May 2016 at 07:20 PM ----------

I don't know how to say to him, since my teens I had feelings for guys but I was too affraid to try anything with another guy. And that I tried to have any kind of relationship with girls but it didn't work.
    I had feelings for only one girl my entire life !!

Writting here help me a little bit!

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell him before the travel. That way, if anything goes wrong, I'd be already over it and start again after return. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The possibilities of loosing a longtime friend (you've been through many things together) isn't too big (but it's always possible). You can always start with "did you hear about XYZ's coming out? He said he's feeling better now after coming out etc."

There is also a chance your friend already knows and is accepting you but since you didn't talk about it, he doesn't bring up the topic.