1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formal (Prom) issues...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SAYGEUR, May 16, 2016.

1. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So at my school formal (or prom for you americans out there) is "coming up" by that I mean theres still 2 months away, however everyone is talking about it and making a huge fuss about it and it just wont quieten down.

Either way, people keep constantally approaching me asking "oh who are you gonna ask" or "Has anyone asked you out??" to which just don't reply. It reminds me that
    1) No one in their right mind is going to ask me out, I am a weird individual who has close to no similarities with the people around me and such
    2) out of two people I want to ask, one isn't going cause it just costs way too much (also am fairly sure she has a girlfriend) and the other one has said solidly that he has no intrest in me at all.

I have kept thinking about this guy a lot recently, and out of nowhere, my crush for hims started again. Now, we have been friends for ages, and people a long time ago spread rumors that I was going to ask him out, but at that point I wasn't intrested in him, only when the rumors were heavily being spread did I even start getting attracted to him. Either way, one night he just stated that he had no intrest for me in that way, and never would. It was hard to accept, but I did, however now since I'm being reminded of him all the time, that idea is coming back.

I already know its a surefire way to failure if I attempt asking, as he has already asked other people out as it is, ( I don't think any responded) and even then I was just discussing the issue of being screwed for a date and such, and even he essentially said "Your fucked".

Either way, I'm being pressured to go by my family to go with someone, and people at school are forcing me to go as well, but in some aspects going by myself will just remind me of how lonely I am and such, so it will just make me feel like shit going.

Should I wait out and hope that I get asked? Should I try and find some other nice people to take instead?Should I just not go? Or should I be asking myself an entirely different question?

2. David21201

Okay, so my older friends who can attended prom (my school has it where its 11th and 12th graders only unless a 9 or 10th is asked by an upperclassmen) all went as a group. They also collected a few stragglers. I recommend asking to go in a group with someone. I mean really, if your being pressd to go with someone, you can pick a single person from the group to be your 'date'

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. It can be a lot of fun when you're with people you enjoy being with. Going with a group of friends is probably best. As for a date, you don't need to have an actual date- you can go solo, with a group, or even ask a friend to go together. It's all good- not everybody needs to have a date.

I personally loved prom as someone who enjoys getting all dressed up- and I went with an amazing group of friends (I was asked by a junior friend). But honestly, it's overrated and if it's not your scene, that's fine. It's really up to you. It's okay not to have a date, it's okay to bring a friend, and it's okay if you just don't want to go.

4. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the issue though, everyone in my "friendship" group is going with someone, meanwhile I'm by my lonesome as always, so it will just be me by myself, and really i can just see myself as the person getting drunk at the afterparty because they have nothing else to do other than to celebrate the fact that i get to solidify my place as an individual literally. In this situation, it just feels like i cant do anything. I just don't even see the point of going at the moment.

5. Sandmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never felt pressured to go to Prom as much as you did. Why not just go with a friend? Nothing has to ever be intimate at prom.