1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other Aspies here?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by intherye, May 16, 2016.

1. intherye

This probably isn't the right sub-forum for this but I wasn't sure where else to put it...Does anybody here have Aspergers or ASD? I do and I know there must be lots of LGBTQA+ Aspies but so far haven't succeeded in finding any, so hello! Feel free to introduce yourself or type twenty paragraphs about your special interest or whatever you feel like doing :grin:

2. Domosuke

Domosuke Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    According to some doctors when I was younger, I was on the autistic spectrum, yet I disagree.

I think I function quite normally like everyone else.

the reason they say I'm autistic is because of my speaking voice. It's unusually high for a guy my age. They say I'm autistic also because I rock back and forth when I sit sometimes. I also flap my hands in public. But that's probably because I'm voguing lol.

I don't like the word autistic or adhd or bipolar or social anxiety. To me I think it's all a scam and you need to go outside and talk to people.

3. Sassalot

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me!

Hi :icon_bigg

4. intherye

I agree with you, those things don't have to mean you're autistic if you don't think you are yourself :slight_smile:

However, I can tell you first-hand that mental disorders do exist haha and I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be solved by going out and talking to people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: After all, I do that every day at school and I've still got Aspergers! (Unless I misinterpreted your comment in which case sorry :slight_smile: )

---------- Post added 16th May 2016 at 09:54 PM ----------

Hello :grin:

#4 intherye, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't even get me started.

I am Alec, I have Aspergers (or more technically, ASD). I have not been "officially diagnosed" nor will I seek out a diagnosis. Finding out about this condition helped me tremendously to understand myself better. I read Tony Attwood's guide to the syndrome. I studied the topic intensely for several years before ascribing this definition to myself. And if you are an Aspie, you will know what I mean when I say intense.

If you want to know any more about me (or my special interests, ha) feel free to wall message me and ask me anything.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quite so, when the doctor diagnosed me with Aspergers it was rather expected since I've always been a massive introvert and rather scientific in terms of thought. I'm trying to learn to communicate with others in more effective ways, and slowly but surely making progress. I'll probably get more practice after I finally move, people where I live are hard to speak to in general... right now the people I'm around practically speak in another language and can be rather unfriendly or judgmental.

I was rather curious if the ratio was increased or not, considering it seems to be exponentially higher than among typical straight people. No idea if there's any truth to it or not but I find it interesting.