1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having someone join

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by whattodo90, May 17, 2016.

1. whattodo90

whattodo90 Guest

My partner and I have been discussing the possibilities of having someone join us

I love the idea of both a girl and a guy joining us but I'm not sure if living out the fantasy will be as good as it is in my head

The last thing I want (and her) is to do anything to put our relationship at risk

We are both so in love with each other and have been from when we met

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Any experience as to what could happen good or bad?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you invite another person/s into the 'bedroom' you need to have a lot of trust in your partner and heaps of confidence in the strength of your relationship. You need to consider all eventualities carefully and talk them through in a very serious way before you proceed. If you have any doubts at all, don't do it. It's very simple advice, but the best advice I can offer in the circumstances. Sometimes, these scenarios are best kept as fantasies -- what seems exciting in our minds, doesn't necessarily translate into reality.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communication and honesty are critical here, and if you do both, you can make it work and minimize any risk.

Inherent in doing something like this is the risk that the third is more attracted to one over the other, which can cause jealously. Discuss this as a risk in advance and talk about ways to minimize the impact to the extent it happens. If you sense that your partner is starting to feel jealous, be sure to show encouragement and sensitivity towards your partner to counter act the jealousy. It might be easier said than done particularly while it is happening, but maybe set up signals in advance as a way of expression.

4. whattodo90

whattodo90 Guest

Thanks for the input
    As I said the last thing we want is for things to be damaged
    I love my partner with all my heart and want to be together for the rest of our lives
    The fantasy is quite intense and I think I would really love to do it but I do worry maybe it will not be good for us and maybe I'll be jealous or my partner will be and it would affect us

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you interested in doing because it is a fantasy for a three way or are you looking to do it to satisfy your curiosity?

If your looking to satisfy your curiosity, have you shared this with her?

6. whattodo90

whattodo90 Guest

We would be doing this with the intent of being a straight threesome if mmf.
    My partner is aware I have thought about it and am curious yes.
    I would not be against anything happening if it were to happen during it and I don't believe my partner would be either as my partner is bisexual