1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for those with many FB friends

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by A Mindful Wolf, May 19, 2016.

1. A Mindful Wolf

I have less than 20 FB friends, so it's very easy for me to insta-reply and make sure I'm keeping up with all my messages, but I was wondering for someone who maybe has a few hundred, like say 200+ friends, do you have so much activity that the Messenger app makes replying to them all a little hard?
    I'm currently in a situation where I feel I'm being ignored, but it could be cos the person in question doesn't have ready access to a computer and that they are so popular that they just don't get to my message in the few seconds they check their phone.
    For the record, I'm not getting the "seen" treatment either, just plain out not even looking at my message, has previously gone on for a few days at a time...I really don't wanna be ignored. At first I was afraid that it's too clingy to message, but things feel really cold then when we talk irl (this isn't romantic btw, just a good friend of mine who I think is becoming distant).

2. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, um I don't have as much as 200 friends but I do have over 150 friends. Honestly I don't talk to many people and people don't really talk to me so its not like all those people are close friends. I was like this for a while, thinking that I was to clingy with my friends, but I noticed that if they don't want to talk to me than thats their problem. Don't take it to heart when they don't see the text, sometimes they're busy. Also if you want someone to talk to you could talk to me or anyone on EC because people on here are so friendly and helpful. Hope this helped in some way.

3. A Mindful Wolf

Thanks for replying :slight_smile: Despite having a lot of FB friends, he is VERY particular about who he adds, and he is REALLY popular, just one of those people who everyone likes.
    It's nice to know you guys are here <3

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a couple of hundred friends on FB and while I actually don't receive that many messages I may still take a couple of days/ hours to get back to even my closest friends if I am very busy with work or something else. If I feel a friend is ignoring me or being cold I simply confront them and ask them what's wrong though. Maybe you should do that with your friend ?

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 123 Facebook friends. But I seldom get messages, so I can't really comment on that. I think for all the time that I've been on Facebook, I've maybe chatted on Messenger like 5 times, and then it's just random chit-chat, or something that they don't want to disclose to everyone they/I have on FB. I mostly keep in touch via mobile (WhatsApp, to be exact). And I like to reply almost instantly. Sometimes I hear a message come through, but then get busy with something else, and only check my phone like 30 min later. But then I will apologize for taking so long to respond.

6. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've over 300 friends on Facebook and I only frequently chat with my two besties and one teacher. And I've literally been this way for two years. Number of friends is irrelevant, quality of the few makes the difference.

7. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i deleted my accounts after using that stuff for a long time, i always had one or two accounts to communicate with different groups of people, for about a year i was adicted being there (mostly just using Messenger) the other years i didnt use it everyday more than time to time to catch up with some friends, i came to the conclusion that everday that passes people are becoming less social (this post could be yet another anexed prove) so many people calls it antisocial nets'' lol and i think is fairly accurate, i still have buddies that use it on the old typical ''ima use it to hook with girls there'' i much rather speak to girls on the streets, Facebook and any social net is closer to what would equal ''speaking to people on a bar or dance club'' is mostly shallow obsessed popularity contest with one dimensional way of thinking, your case might be different but i feel that with more friends you have there the less talks you'll generate, some people are just number collectors, in such way they could own a big Company with the number skills they developed, what i'm saying is perhaps if you google around for experiences like yours you'll find out that is not uncommon that social net users end up feeling ignored, lonely, not wanted, lesser than others, etc, is all part of their site systematics and what they Project in most people's behavior, best of luck

#7 Spiderstalker, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016