1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy wanted to cheat on his gf with me...What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Browncoat, May 20, 2016.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I was trying to arrange a date with a guy, got very close to actually carrying it through (it's a shame this happened too because he seemed like a guy I would really get along with). At one point he says I'd have to leave before "the girl he lives with comes home" if we went to his apartment. He had mentioned her before but the way he said it it just seemed like he was talking about a roommate.

So I asked him straight up if he meant by that that this was his wife/girlfriend and if she knew about what we were doing. He replied that yes of course it was his girlfriend and of course she didn't know.

So needless to say I have no intention of having any further communication with him. What I am seeking advice on is whether or not I should let his girlfriend know at all about this?

I should note that the reason I know who she is is that, for some reason, one of the emails he sent me had a different name associated with it. So after he said he was looking to cheat on his girlfriend I googled the name and sure enough, I find pictures and whatnot of him and the woman by that name on social networking sites. From this, I know where she works - I also think my sister, who works in the same environment, may know her, because they seem to have been in the same program in college at the same time (I haven't had a chance to ask her about it, but I probably will at some point).

So, if I decided to, I could probably let her know. But should I? What do you guys think? Should I just leave it at dropping the guy and having no further contact with him, or should I warn this poor gal that she's dating someone unfaithful?

Also, I still have no idea why the hell her name was associated with one of his emails. Maybe he was using one of her devices to send the message or something?

2. Poison

If you stop seeing him, he might try to find someone new to cheat on his girlfriend with. I would say it depends. In the end it is his life and his own problem if he cheats on her, and it's not your fault that you've got the knowledge that he would do things like that.

What I would have done, is that I would tell his girlfriend about it. That way she gets the chance to prevent herself from unwanted misery. The others who might date him without this knowledge would also get hurt through his actions.
    But you have to decide for yourself if you choose to do that. The truth hurts sometimes.. I'ver never been this kind of situation, so I can't speak out of experience.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good heavens, I just learned from my sister that she is a friend and that they are engaged...

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I would tell her. He's a pig. She deserves to know.

5. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a tough call. I hooked up with someone years ago who said he was single. When i went over to his house, there were a lot of pictures with he and his wife. He proceeded to inform me that she was out on business.

Needless to say, I left

6. A Mindful Wolf

You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT tell her.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why so?