1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed on Birthday

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sandmann, May 20, 2016.

1. Sandmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today is my birthday (yay). And like it first started okay. But throughout the day I don't know why I have gotten more down and depressed.

My biggest guess I think is because maybe my birthday reminds me of what I could've been from last year until now. Or that I could be celebrating it like other people do with crazy parties and shit. I feel like one of those people that just looks at his/her birthday like any other day except that now I am considered a year older. I didn't ask for anything for my birthday except money to help fund my goal to study in Germany.

2. Tyrael

I don't put much thought into my birthday either. Then again, the older you get the less people care until you hit the major ones like 30, 40 and so on. I wouldn't worry about it, I find birthdays tiresome and pointless.

However I do agree, I feel more and more like my life is slipping past me and birthdays are symbols of that. I didn't have any goal to work towards, like you do with Germany. That's an admirable goal and you should definitely focus your efforts there. I have a goal now so I feel like life has some meaning. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward, don't let time get you down. You've still got plenty of it.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Birthdays can do exactly this - but really, there's no more reason to start thinking about our personal big picture on this day than on any other day. :slight_smile: Make your birthday about the moment - do something fun now, today, whether it's with someone or not. But you deserve to enjoy the day!

Also, I think saving up for studying in Germany is a fantastic goal! It might not be flashy in the moment, but it would be an amazing experience that you'd remember forever. so, totally worth it.