1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name help + passing with long hair

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by relinor, May 21, 2016.

1. relinor

I recently came out as trans (FtM) to my parents and have yet to decide on a name? And I know that ultimately it's up to me, but I also think it's helpful to get others opinions as well?

So far I'm thinking: Remus, Alexander, Lucas, Felix or Roman. The first picture is of me, if that helps!

And about hair... I really want to grow my hair out like the second two photos. A medium-ish length? But, I'm not sure if it'll make me look too feminine/will prevent me from passing. Any tips?

Attached Files:

#1 relinor, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remus is my favourite of the names you mentioned, but I like Felix as well. Alexander is nice but it seems to be really common among FtMs, not sure if that would bother you or not.

I'd say that that medium-length hair won't necessarily prevent you from passing: it depends from person to person and some styles just work better on different people. At my school a lot of boys have medium to long hair so it's not uncommon.

3. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree, I think Remus is the best.
    I also think that length hair is also fine.

4. plant

To me, you look like a Remus or a Roman. I think that you would pass just fine with medium length hair

5. relinor

Ah ok thanks guys!

I actually have a very round face (it's the angle of the pic that makes it look not so much, oops) and I guess I'm also wondering if that will affect how I pass or not? Like, if it'll frame it in a certain way or anything? Aha, sorry, I always get sorta worried about my hair - as weird as that sounds.