1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by warthog, May 22, 2016.

1. warthog

Hi guys

I want to try this boring and repulsive activity due to loneliness and desperation .

Any tips on where to start?

Thanks
    W

2. Domosuke

Domosuke Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't give out website names or services.

However just go on google and type gay dating sites.

Maybe if you want, try to go on specific sites based on what you're looking for.

Put clear pictures of yourself and details about yourself in your profile.

You could also just find love naturally if you live in pro LGBT metropolitan area. Pray to god to find you love.

#2 Domosuke, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Butterfly2016

I was gonna do this too...cause I'm getting pretty lonesome over here too. I stop myself everytime though..cause I don't wanna hurt the poor guy I'm married to.

4. guitar

First of all, people on dating sites aren't lonesome losers. Feel free to call me what you want, I've come about several long term relationships from online dating sites. A lot of people who use them may not have time to date, or want to broaden their horizons to people they otherwise wouldn't meet.

As far as where to start, there was a really good thread on this forum from early 2015 called Do's and Don'ts of Online Dating. I would check out that thread.

5. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to online dating they are very useful because it can help you reach a wider array of people. I have made some great friends through dating sites, however you need to be smart and do a few safety steps to ensure you are safe. I typically tell my trusted friends I am doing some online dating, if I go on a date I tell a few friends I am going to meet someone I meet online where I am going, how long a plan to be there and such. I also let my friends know halfway through that things are going well and I am ok, and always meet in a public place the first few times. It is usually a safely net just in case something happens. Just be smart about it, because it can be anyone behind that computer screen. I would also agree that just because you use online dating doesn't mean you are a lonely or depressed. Its all about reaching more people. Good Luck! :slight_smile:

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found my bf on a popular free online site. We've been together for 2 years. It can definitely work

7. Butterfly2016

This is a major moral conflict for me right now. I wanna join a lesbian-only forum I just found, but I'm nervous. Does it really count as cheating if I'm just trying to make friends first? (even though I hope it becomes more someday) idk...

8. Butterfly2016

It appears I'm being denied happiness at every turn *sigh* The forum I mentioned up there, it won't even send me a confirmation email. I signed up properly and waited...but still nothing. Why me??