1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No hope for me....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Butterfly2016, May 31, 2016.

1. Butterfly2016

Seems nothing is gonna change. This week I've been trying my best to join lesbian social networking sites to make friends and create a way out of this mess, but none of the sites will verify me. They say they've sent a confirmation email, but it never made it to me. I'm also trying to find work. Thats a lost cause as well. Time is ticking, and I'm slowing running out of it. There's nothing I can do...:help: :bang: :tears:

2. 1Tiny0wl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure what advice I can give on the lesbian social sites but...as far as job goes do you have a resume put together and have you tried looking into a job placement agency? Sometimes those places will give you temp work and/or help you find a long term position. Often times they are free or low cost if you are currently unemployed. I know how fustrating not having a job can be, I feel like I've been looking forever. For me, its a matter of child care so I cant do certain schedueles.
    hang in there, you will be ok (*hug*)

#2 1Tiny0wl, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  3. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello my friend, I completely understand where you are coming from when it comes to a job. I myself graduated in November of last year and have not been able to find work, I would recommend getting your resume together and posted in on that very popular job boards then you will can calls from recruited of heat hunter firms and they can help you like tinyowl says. I wish I could sell you the one I am using and has been great but sadly I can't.

Also when It comes to confirmation emails always check your junk and email rules a lot of the time its filtered into your junk email. So give that a try.

4. Hi there
    Sorry you're having a rough day. I know it sounds pollyannish...but there's always hope!
    Yes do check junk/spam folders for verification emails. If you're using gmail it might go in 'promotions' or 'social' subfolders.

As 1Tiny0wl says - you might try temp work. I've gotten several permanent jobs that way. And some of the temp jobs were way below my 'pay grade' but I just worked hard and kept a good attitude. An in person person is always more powerful than a piece of electronic paper. Sometimes in bigger companies you can find out about other opportunities while temping.