1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I confess my crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by beautrixx, May 31, 2016.

1. beautrixx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So i've really liked this girl for four years from college. I am certain she did had some feelings for me. However, She has a boyfriend, and ive just left college and dont think i will ever see her or speak to her again. I am not looking for relationship or anything like that. But i feel like i really want to get this off my chest and confess that i had feelings for her through a message.

So do you guys think this is a good or a bad idea? Any advantages or disadvantages?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have done it with my trigger crush and god it's been freeing. Her and I are perfectly cool now and I even got a confession from her saying that she was indeed attracted to me then (we don't live in the same country anymore). It doesn't mean much now because she has a boyfriend and don't want to break that off but it's been nice to be true to myself and also to have the proof that I wasn't just insane and that this attraction wasn't just all in my head.

So from a personal point of view I would tell, what's the worst that can happen? :slight_smile:

#2 Lin1, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  3. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the time it can be liberating and set you free. Love is a very interesting emotion we don't choose who to fail for it just happens. If we look at the positives less stress, better friendship and such. If you choose not too here what "can" happen high anxiety, hard to be around, among others. I would in your case it may help, and you can have a better relationship with your friend.

4. Just Call Me Ky

I just did it a few months ago and I was literally in the same situation. She had a boyfriend and we hadn't had any contact in 6 months. I sent her a message to explain everything and I told her I wasn't looking for anything more than friends but I still wanted to be a part of each other's lives. Things with her are extremely complicated but at least she's in my life. It feels great. I finally feel like I can let go of the obsession over her and just live with things the way they are because I put myself out there. I say give it a go. Good luck.

5. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do it. I was planning on telling the girl I like on the last day of school since I might not see her again, but I didn't take the chance and I've been regretting it ever since. Ask yourself if you would rather regret doing it more than you would regret not doing it.